Monday, May 26, 2008

Redecorating




Well, this weekend we had big plans that kind of fell through, so we ended up with not much to do. So around 9:00 on Friday night the idea came to me that we should paint the guest bedroom, and we made a mad dash to Logan to the Home Depot and picked out some paint. Its the only room in the house that we haven't really done anything to. We DIDN'T like it at all, but because we hadn't really decided what the room was going to be we couldn't agree on how to paint it. Finally, after a year we have figured out what rooms will be used for what and we could settle on an idea. (Really, I just said "This is what I want and unless you have an idea that sounds better this is what we are going to do" and he didn't have any ideas) We took a few risks, but all in all they turned out to be just what I had pictured in my head. The pictures totally don't do it justice, and the bed wasn't made yet, but in real life it looks great. It is blue and brown, I love that color combination. We even took the leap and painted the ceiling, something that I have wanted to try for a long time, but Troy has never let me do. (Luckily he had to run an errand just as I was starting to paint, and by the time he got back, whoops, it was already done:) In the end it is something that I think we are both very happy with, and hopefully our guests will be too. Now I just have to find some great curtains and a bed spread that will go better than what I already have. (And I have to hang pictures. No room in my house would truly be finished with out a million pictures all over the walls:) I suppose we could also use some guests since it is a "guest room". Any volunteers?


While we were at it we decided to paint the bathroom. I already did that a few months ago, but I didn't like it, so we re-did that too. We also did a bunch of yard work, poured a bit of concrete and started to build our gazebo. We had a busy weekend, but it was really nice to get so much done.

1 comment: