Thursday, May 15, 2008
Excited about food storage!
My friend Tiffanie just sent me something that is an answer to my prayers. In my last post I mentioned that our food storage isn't where I would like it to be. The problem with that is I don't even know where to start. How much of what do I need? What is most important. How do you get all of this stuff without breaking the bank? All of these things have been concerning me lately. Well, I just got this website http://myfoodstoragedeals.com that helps with all of that. It goes through the main grocery stores (In Utah)- Smiths, Albertsons, Harmons, etc. and tells you what things are on sale. It also tells you if it is a great deal, good deal, or okay deal, and how many of these things you need for each person for a year, and what the shelf life is. For example: This week S&W Beans are on sale 20/$10, which is a great deal (Even better than Costco), and you need 6(?) cans of each kind of bean per adult for a year supply and it will last 2-3 years(Not sure, just making a guess, but on the website it tells you, I just can't remember). So, each week you can budget in one or two things, and before you know it you will have your storage ready. To sign up it is $6.95 a month, which I am sure you would save enough to make it worth the money. Plus there is a promotional code that saves you $2. Anyway, I'm not trying to sell anyone on anything, it is just something that I am excited about and that is going to be a great blessing in our life, so I wanted to share the info. Thanks Tiffanie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey I have been extra worried about food storage too. I have been trying to buy extras of everything, but I am afraid that I only have about a month supply of food if that is all we could eat. I will be watching sales more and more because it is getting a little creepy. Thanks for the reminder.
ReplyDeleteHey Katie, you are an answer to my prayers. I have been thinking about this a lot and I just dont know how to get started. My friend also suggested the cannery and we're going to go there one of these saturdays. This website is going to help so much. Thank You!
ReplyDelete