Saturday, May 3, 2008

Help, A Monster Ate Mom's Face!

So once a week I put on a facial mask. It is good for me, and I'm a Mary Kay lady, and I want to have nice skin now and forever, so make fun if you want, but when you are sixty and look ninety, and I am sixty and look forty you won't be laughing... Anyway, I usually do it at night, so no one but Troy sees me, and he is stuck with me for eternity and loves me anyway. I hadn't had a chance to do it yet this week, so this morning I put it on. It has to stay on for ten minutes, so I put it on and went about doing my house work. I went down stairs where the kids were, and Adia saw me, let out a yelp, and ran into Ethan's room yelling that a monster was coming. This is a game we play sometimes, so I thought she was kidding. I hid next to the door, and when Ethan came out to check things out I let out my most ferocious monster growl, and jumped in front of him. He literally flew back into his room, and dove on the bed and under the covers (Where Adia was already hiding) and screamed "Help, a monster ate Mom's face!" I went to the bed and pulled back the covers to try to soothe them, but that only turned the screams into tears and Ethan jumped on top of Adia to protect her. By then my ten minutes were up and I went up stairs to wash the mask off and finally the kids calmed down. I had to show them what had happened, and let them try the mask on thier face, so they knew that everything was safe. Gosh, what a self-esteem crusher! I am not feeling great about myself today. And why wasn't anyone worried about me? Who was going to protect mom from the monster...

2 comments:

  1. I'll protect you Katie. Great story I as so glad that you write these things down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love putting on a green mask too! I have the girls do it with me too. It is so much fun! I love being a Mary Kay Woman and looking forever and always like I'm 19!

    ReplyDelete