







We had plans to camp out this weekend since Troy had an extra day off, but some other things came up, and it didn't happen. We had already told the kids about it unfortunately so they were excited to camp, and didn't understand why we couldn't go. After a LOT of complaining they finally convinced us that we had to do SOMETHING. We started to build a tent in the back yard, but half way through both kids let us know that there was no way they were going to sleep in a cold damp tent (It was raining) when their nice warm dry house was just a few feet away. I had to agree with them on that one, and Troy wasn't very excited about the idea to begin with, so we packed up the tent, and went inside. We did build a "tent" out of a blanket and some furniture in the family room, and the kids "camped out" in there and watched movies all night long. They didn't even really want Troy and I to sleep with them, so every body won. The next night we built a camp fire in the back yard and roasted S'mores. By the end of the night everyone was covered with mallow or chocolate. We had a blast. The pictures are of that adventure. I don't know why, but Adia couldn't seem to take a normal picture that night. Every single one has her with a crazy face! Oh, well, it fits her personality. I was so excited, I even got a picture of Troy smiling. (It's not that he doesn't ever smile, but when ever the camera comes out he puts on this strange serious look, so we hardly have any smiling pictures of him. This is a true treasure:) They slept in the "tent" again that night, as well as the next night. We usually don't like to camp on Sundays, but we figured we could make an exception this one time. :) They wanted to sleep in the tent again last night, but I was tired of the wild sleepers rolling over and tipping the chairs over, making the tent come crashing down, and then expecting me to fix it in the middle of the night, so I used the excuse of it being a school night and made them sleep in their own beds. They put up a bit of a fight, but in the end they were asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillows. I guess camping, whether in the great out doors or in the comfort of your own home can really wear you out.
what a fun weekend. Everyone looks like they're having so much fun. Thats awesome that you were still able to have your camp out...ours kinda fell through:)
ReplyDeleteWe have a tent trailer and so far have only camped out as far away as the street in front of the house where it is parked, but our five year old was thrilled none the less.
ReplyDeleteMy husband is bringing the trailer home tomorrow from winter storage and I imagine that our girl will want it up and operational as soon as possible.