Tuesday, April 29, 2008
It's a Miracle!!!
Ethan can tie his shoes! We have been working and working on it, and finally after months of effort he has it down. I thought about posting a video of it, but it still takes a LONG time to get it done, so I thought I would spare you having to watch it. But the main thing is he CAN do it, and it will get better the more he does it, so we are having a shoe tying party tonight to celebrate. It is amazing the confidence he has had all day. He was getting pretty discouraged that he couldn't make it work, but to his credit he never gave up. (I'm sad to say that I seriously considered giving up -life with velcro or slip-ons wouldn't be so bad right?) Now he is so proud of himself he tells every one about it, and he keeps telling me, "you are right, I can do ANYTHING!" I love that. I hope he always has that attitude, and never forgets that he can do anything. He proves that every day of his life. He has been through more than most people could survive, and many of the things he does every day are harder for him to do than most people. Things that we all take for granted takes serious thought and effort for him to do, yet he does it. He really can do anything! I am so proud of him! It might seem like a small thing, not worthy of a post, but to a six year old it's huge, and to a mother who is almost to the point in her life where she doesn't have to tie another shoe that doesn't belong to her again, it's monumental! Great job Ethan!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
that is so cool that he can tie his shoes. I bet that's nice for you Katie. Tell him good job for me.
ReplyDeleteWay to go Ethan!!!
ReplyDeleteGOOD JOB ETHAN!!!!:)
ReplyDelete