Monday, April 21, 2008

Thanks Grandma Helen!

Today we were playing outside when the mail came. The mail man (who is also one of Adia's adoring fans-she talks to him and shares her treats with him when he drops off the mail) announced that he had a package for Miss Adia Eberling. She ran over to him to claim her package and find out who it was from. My mom had sent the kids a present. She then asked him to open it for her. I thought that he would say that he couldn't because he needed to get back to work or something. NOPE, he whipped out his pocket knife, cut the box open, and plopped down on our front step to see what was inside. It was some stuffed animal/puppet things that sing spring songs when you stick your hand inside. (I might have a little something to say if someone stuck thier hand up my WHO as well...:) and also some bubbles with about a hundred different wands, pipes, whistles, and whatnots to blow bubbles with. Oh boy, talk about excited!-Both the mailman, and Adia could hardly contain themselves! They played with the puppets for a while, and then broke out the bubbles stuff. Finally the mailman had to leave, and then I got the idea to get out the camera. I wish I would have thought of it when the mailman was there, it was pretty weird, and something I would have liked to catch on film. Anyway, we palyed in the bubbles for a long time. Adia liked the bubble pipe the best, but she didn't quite grasp the concept, and would blow out and then such back in. She would do that a time or two, and then need to take the pipe out of her mouth to spit out the bubbles she had sucked in. I am worried about having a "Potty Situation" tomorrow, but for now she seems to be "going" at the right speed. Finally she realized that if I did the bubble blowing she could chase the bubbles and pop them. There was a little breeze that took the bubbles all over the yard, and made the game that much more fun. Here is a video of her chasing the bubbles. I was shooting the video, and blowing the bubbles all at the same time, and since we all know how talented I am at doing two things at once, the video quality isn't the best. But it's cute, and I'm sure Grandma will enjoy it. Thanks Grandma, for making a little girl's (and a mailman's) day!

4 comments:

  1. How fun. :) What an awesome mailman you have to sit and play with Adia like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! I love when grandmas send packages just because!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this story! Great Mailman

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that was such a cute story. Thanks for sharing both the story and video.

    ReplyDelete