Thursday, April 3, 2008
Waffle Stew
When I was in high school a few of my friends made up a silly song that combined several Christmas (and a few non-Christmas) songs. It was really funny, and quite creative, and even now when I hear one of the original songs It makes me smile, and I sing the Waffle Stew song in my head (I'm quite impressed with myself that I can still remember it pretty well:) Anyway, today Adia was coloring in the office while I was doing some paperwork. She started singing the "one little, two little, three little Indians..." song. When she got to the " put them in a boat" part, this is what she said "Put them in a boat...gently down the stream, Mary, Mary Mary, Mary had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb, Mary had a little lamb, it's fleece was white as snow-man, snow man, snow man once there was a snowman tall, tall, tall. In the sun, sun, Mr Golden Sun, Please shine down on meeeeee." No, it doesn't make any sense at all, but I was pretty proud of her for putting all of those songs together in just the right places. She is quite a thinker to be able to do that all on her own. She is actually pretty proud of herself too, so I think she must have been thinking about it for a while. Anyway, I just thought I would share, and I want Ellie, Emily, Kristene, Camille and Nicole to know that I'm thinking of them today. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
And good morning to you and to you a waffle stew and a partridge in a pear tree. . . Jingle jingle jingle. . . . :) I love that song! I sing it every Christmas.
ReplyDeleteWay to go Adia!!! She did a great job with that song. Happy day!
I sing that every once in a while and my hubby just about strangles me sometimes. I can't remember much past the jingle part, so if anyone can write it down I would love it. Thanks Katie and Ellie
ReplyDeleteCan anyone remember the "green dance"? I had that stuck in my head the other day and I guess I started doing it without realizing it and James thought I was crazy. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd Good Morning to you and to You a Waffle Stew and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. Jingle Jingle Jingle Jingle Dashing Through the snow. ON our way to Grandma's house where we found out that Grandma got run over by Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer. Had a very Shiny Toe. And if you ever saw it, you would even Deck the Halls with Boughs of Horry Fa Ra Ra Ra Ra Ra Ra Ra Ra Ra. In the little Town of Bethlehem, How silent night, Holy COW!
ReplyDeleteIs that all of it, or am I leaving something out of the middle?
I remember what I left out of the middle! Right after Fa Ra Ra etc. 'Cause I saw mommy kissing Santa Clause in the Little town of Bethlem how Silent Night, Holy COW! I think that's all of it. I love that song and still sing it every Christmas.
ReplyDelete