Thursday, November 8, 2012

Get ready... It's the 5th Annual Adoption Q&A!


Wow! It feels so official to say "5th Annual"! I'm excited that we made it this far - you know how I love traditions, and I think this is a great one. It's one of my favorite parts of National Adoption Awareness Month, and I can't wait to get started! But, just in case you are new here, or you didn't pay attention last year,  OR you have suffered a blow to the head and have amnesia and your desperate attempt to find answers has led you here, to the one place you hope will jog your memory and unlock your past... or maybe you just need to freshen up on the details, I'll explain a little bit:
You ask questions about adoption - it can be ANYTHING. I am an open book, and I love to share, even the not so pretty parts of adoption, so there is nothing you can ask that is too personal or too in depth, or off limits. It can be about anything adoption related - open adoptions, birth families, resources, domestic, foreign, private, agency, failed, foster, general questions or specific about our story, anything you have been wanting to know and haven't had the guts or the opportunity to ask - now's your chance. (Trust me, last year had some doosies and I answered every one of them, so nothing you ask will be too much for me to handle.) We have had some really good questions over the last five years, and if you would like to review to get some ideas here are some links to the first four years:
2008
2009
2010
2011

You can either ask your question in the comments section here, or email them to me at eberling2@msn.com Also, if we are facebook friends feel free to comment there or send me a message - and if we aren't friends, WHY THE HECK NOT? Look me up (Katie Fuller Eberling) :)

So on National Adoption Awareness Day which is November 17th I will answer all your questions in one big wonderful post, and then choose one of you to be a winner!

What do you win? Well, I like to support people who are trying to adopt, and adoption can be expensive, so a lot of people do fund raisers or sell things to make money to help the cause. Each year I choose a business who's profits go to adoption and buy a prize for the winner there. This year I chose Virtue 75  They sell super cute paper crafts to support their hope for adoption. If you are the winner you will get an item of your choice from their shop! They also have a cute adoption profile to help them get their name out there. Check them out and if you or someone you know might be considering adoption, this could be the family you are looking for!

And, if you are trying to earn money for your own adoption and would like to be featured here, please email me and we can talk about it.
OR if you have a profile you would like to share, email me about that too.

Now start thinking of questions and get to asking! PS- you can ask as many questions as you want, and you will get a separate entry for every question.

1 comment:

  1. Katie,
    It was cool to go back and read all the posts from the last four years, thank you for doing this! I have three questions:
    Question #1: If a couple would like to operate a foster home for children, how could/should one go about doing that? What does the couple need to have?
    Question #2 Knowing what you know now, if you could conceive children would you still adopt? why or why not?
    Question #3: Have you seen any major differences in your course work/ personal life with families that have a mix of biological children and adopted children, as opposed to just having adopted children?

    ReplyDelete