Friday, November 30, 2012

That's all folks...

Well, today is the last day of Adoption Awareness Month. Thanks to everyone who participated in one way or another. I had so much more planned, and I didn't get it accomplished... Oh well, there's no rule that I can only post it in November, right?
Anyway, a tradition I have each year is to post our adoption story. It's long but worth it, so if you have some time, feel free to read it HERE

But if you've been around a while and already read it, I want to share another beautiful adoption story with you. My friend Lindsey just adopted her third son a couple of weeks ago. Her family has had a rough year where adoptions are concerned. At the beginning of the year they had a failed adoption plan where the birth mother changed her mind before the baby was born. Then this summer they had a reversed adoption where the birth mother placed with them and then for various reasons changed her mind. (Please no unkind comments here, both of these women have rights, and did it for their own reasons. We don't know what is in their hearts, so we can't judge.) So this little angel and his brave birth mom has blessed them in amazing ways. Go HERE to read Lindsey's thoughts during the placement process. It is a beautiful story, and is beautifully written. But the thing that will get you is the pictures. As someone who has experienced this before, I can attest, the pictures truly communicate the feelings of the moment. Grab a tissue, because you're gonna need it!

And happy adoption awareness month!

No comments:

Post a Comment