Well, maybe not quite, but to this momma he might as well be:) Many of you have asked me how things have been going for Ethan with his wrestling adventure, and I keep meaning to post about it, and it never happens, sorry. He has actually done much better than I thought he would. He had some nightmares here and there, and injured his shoulder for a while. He isn't super skilled as a wrestler, but considering he has had NO prior experience, not even wrestling around on the living room floor, before this, I think he rocks! He doesn't really love it, but it's been fun to try, and through the experience, we actually found out that he may have a career in football. (He's super fast, and can dodge anything that comes toward him:) When we started we set the rules that practice is mandatory, but tournaments were a
privilege that had to be earned through good behavior and hard work. (So far we have made it to two... not super) The first tournament he was pretty much overwhelmed, but went out and gave it a good try. He didn't win, but he did get some points before getting pinned, so I considered it a great first tournament. His second one was last weekend. Since it was conference weekend Coach Grandpa had the day off from the temple, and was able to come along, which was really helpful. He won one and had a bye, so he ended up taking 4
th and GETTING A MEDAL!!! He was SO excited. He showed it off to everyone and called everybody who's phone number he knows. You would think he beat everyone in the whole place or something. He was really proud of himself, and I'm really proud of him too. He did such a good job. There are two tournaments left this season, and I'm not sure we will make it to them or not. Time will tell, but for now I am just super proud of the effort he has made. I have a few pictures, but they aren't very good, and aren't of anything really significant. It turns out I'm one of those obnoxious moms who cheers and shouts, and that doesn't give the quiet photographer mom side of me much of a chance to do her job.:)



He just got a point for an escape, that's why the guy is raising the "red" hand. Yay!




Look at how good these guys are(n't) at jumping jacks. Nice form, right?
WAY TO GO ETHAN!!!! Aunt Kathy is so very proud of you.
ReplyDeleteI so love the picture of Coach Grandpa and his gentle hands placing Ethan's head properly. He is such an outstanding coach, grandpa, brother, father, husband and son. Love that man...
Yeah for Ethan. You should have him write to Richard and tell him. He will be so proud of him and we all are. And to let you know I am the cheering type of momma to and very few pics of my boys because I get to wrapped up in the wrestling.
ReplyDeleteso cute to see the little wrestlers:)
ReplyDelete