Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Naughty!

Yesterday Ethan was getting on Adia's nerves. She came in whining and I asked what was wrong.
"Oh, that damn Ethan keeps bugging me!"
"Adia! Don't say that word!"
"No mom, I said damn. DAMN, see?"
"Adia, that's a naughty word, don't say it again!"
"Daaaammmmn mom, dammmmn!"
"Adia, Enough!"
"Mom, you don't understand, I'm not saying dumb. That's the bad one."
For some sick reason, that made me laugh. Maybe because she just kept saying it over and over, really enunciating it each time, or maybe because she thought "dumb" was worse, or maybe because I can just imagine all the people she said that word too because she thought it wasn't "the bad one"(or possibly because I am running on entirely too little sleep). Whatever the reason, I couldn't stop myself from giggling, and had to escape to my room for a time out before we could have a conversation about it. Where the heck did she hear that? She thought it meant naughty, so whoever taught it to her was not using it in quite the right context. (I know it wasn't me because the way I use that word, it totally wouldn't work in a situation where "naughty" could be substituted:)

1 comment:

  1. Oh My!!!! laughed so hard and so did your Uncle Dick. That girl cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete