Well, it's finally spring... I think!? We have had some really beautiful days here and there (and some mighty snow storms in-between, but I am choosing not to dwell on those:) One of the things I love the most about when the weather gets warmer is hiking. My kids and I really enjoy doing that. We love to get out in the open, and see new places. I enjoy taking pictures, and the kids enjoy climbing on things. It's fun for the whole family. We have gone out a few times this spring already, and without fail, the second we get out and start hiking the wind picks up. That makes for some pretty sorry pictures, and ends up sending us home earlier than we had planned, but it's the adventure that counts, right? Here are a few shots of our adventures...

Frightening, I know, I'm not sure what I was thinking. Ethan loves this one though, so he insisted I post it:)

We found this etched into the rock under one arch. Good thing whoever did it was quick about it or it might say "just me and the BLM official" or "me and my hefty 'defacing public property' fine". I wonder how God feels about the documentation of their time together?
(probably better than the one next to it that announces to the world how "Jennifer R" spends her time...) 
No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get a good picture of both of the kids at the same time.




The looks on our faces are less than genuine, but this was taken right under an arch, and the wind was tunneling through the hole at powerful speeds. It was everything we could do to not blow over while Ethan snapped the picture.




This is our public service announcement for PDA
Effective, right?
Stinking weather these days....I wonder what those people think when they etch things like that or getting a tattoo of His name...really? Or the country songs where they are having a drink together:)
ReplyDeleteFUN! I miss the red rocks so much. Your kiddos are so cute. Looks liek you guys had a great time. :)
ReplyDelete