Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sweet

On Sundays we like to keep things simple. We try to take it easy, we don't run around and play (much) we do quiet activities. One of those is writing letters. I was making a card for the kid's bio-aunt Sara last Sunday, and I had a left over flower. Ethan asked if he could have the pieces and make a flower himself, and I said sure. He made the flower, (and did a pretty good job with it.) then he glued it to a folded piece of card-stock. He was making a card for his new friend Makayla from school. (He really likes her, and I tease him about it all the time, but he assures me they are just friends. "She's new, and new kids need a good friend." His heart still belongs to Kaymee:) Anyway, he was pretty secretive about what it said, and when he was done he asked to put it in an envelope. I let him, but luckily he didn't seal the envelope, so after he went to bed I checked to be sure that everything was appropriate. What I found made me giggle, and want to smooch his little cheeks.

He always notices the little things (like being a good "hoola-hooper":) and he's very quick to complement people on things he admires. I love that about him. What a sweet boy.

1 comment: