I took this in our front yard on Monday. I know the lighting gives false allusions, but can you tell that's snow in the background?
Don't you think it makes the gift of spring even that more magical,
that it blossoms and grows even in the adversity of Utah weather.
Miracle!
So I am going to notice the tender mercies around me.
And I am going to post some of them here.
I hope in doing this I will be able keep an eye out for them more, and appreciate them for what they are while they are happening.
I hope too, that they might make you notice a few of yours.
It will be a little test for us alright?
You are welcome to post your tender mercies here as well, I would love to hear what little things help you through the craziness of life. I think we can both help each other with this.
Like a team!
(That makes it sound even more exciting, right?!:)
So keep an eye out for these posts, and expect them often.
(I'm not putting it on a schedule, this is the only part of my life that doesn't run on one, and I'm keeping it that way!)
So here is my first one: ETHAN SLEPT ALL NIGHT!!!
(well technically he woke up at 1, but he was asleep again by two, and didn't wake up again until 6, so that is HUGE for us. That equals 7HOURS of sleep - that's in one night, NOT one week, I'm not even kidding! I was thinking about the last time that happened, and it was one night in December. He hasn't slept for 7 hours since DECEMBER. And that was because he was super sick, had a 103 fever, and I drugged him. We usually average about 5 when things are going well, but this month it has been more like 3 a night. I know there are a lot of people who have it way harder than we do, and I feel very sorry for them, but I am grateful for the good night's sleep I just had anyway. I feel ready to take on the world. It makes even the hard things seem a little easier to handle. I really needed that right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment