Monday, May 18, 2009

Happily Ever-After!

Seven years ago today...


Just after we got engaged. Thanks, Sister Missionaries, for the photo:

We held hands tightly as we walked up a long staircase leading to a sealing room in the Manti temple. I had wanted to enter that staircase for as long as I could remember. I had planned and worked for my whole life to be there, but in that moment I could hardly notice my exquisite surroundings because I was lost in your eyes, and the moment. I had never before been so in love. I didn't think I ever would be more in love than at that moment, but I was so wrong. We sat in that beautiful room in that tall tower, surrounded by our family and friends, and listened to words of wisdom, and even some revelation of things to come. Then we made covenants to each other and to the Lord, sealed it with a kiss, and we were married, not only for this life, but forever after. We had no idea what we were in for, we were so in love that nothing could get us down. I'm proud to say that this is still the case. No, life hasn't always been kind to us, but still our love overpowers any challenge we face. Still your kiss can send chills all the way down to my toes, still, there is power whenever my hand is in yours, still I get lost in your eyes, still, you make my dreams come true.

7 Things Katie Loves About Troy:

1. He trusts my instincts. No matter how crazy my reasoning is from "I just know" to "I had this dream last night...", he has faith in my judgement and just goes with it.
2. He is a really hard worker and a great provider for our family. I don't ever have to worry about him losing his job and not finding another one. I know that even if it means working two crappy jobs or something he will do it to assure that our family is taken care of.
3. He is the best dad in the whole entire world. He loves the kids, and shows them. Being a dad is one of the gifts he is most proud of. And the kids love him. They want to be with them. He is patient as he teaches them things. He is their favorite person. He is also the coolest dad on the block, he builds bird hoses with the neighbor kids, and he is the designated bike tire fixer in the neighborhood.
4. When I am sick he lays by me and rubs my head until I fall asleep.
5. He honors his priesthood, he is active in church, he takes me to the temple, and knows that it is the place to go when we need inspiration. He takes his callings seriously, he does service for other people, he loves the scriptures, he is faithful at having family home evening and saying family prayers, he loves sharing his testimony with me. I know I can count on him to do what's right.
6. He supports me in my dreams. No matter what kind of crazy idea I have he hears me out, and helps me achieve it. He believes I can do it even when I second guess myself. He is selfless and giving and helps me with any crazy thing I ask. (Really, he has acted as my "lovely assistant" in more than one Mary Kay show, he will do ANYTHING I need:)

7. Even still, the safest place in the whole wide world is in his arms.


I'm a little sad that I only get seven. I had a hard time choosing my favorites. Good thing his birthday is coming up in about a month so I can brag on him a little more.:) Happy Anniversary Baby!


*Sorry about the poor picture quality. These are some of the few that survived the "First Ethan Fiasco" of what we lovingly refer to as The Adjustment Period of '05, so the selection was limited. Plus we need a new scanner really badly...

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations you guys! The time sure does fly by. Hope you guys have a great anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! I can't believe it's already been 7 years It seems like just yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Levi and Cassie Mallory FamilyMay 18, 2009 at 7:54 PM

    I claim full responsibility for these two wonderful people having the chance to make seven years. You know what I am talking about Katie
    Love me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize we were both in our 7th year(mine was in January). Man, we were both young and crazy:) I am glad you guys got hitched after all, and proud I can say I knew you both back in the day---you guys are adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, thanks for making me cry Katie! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats (again)! But you make me feel so old now.... I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete