I just want to make a few things clear about my previous post. First, I am NOT celebrating the fact that Ethan threw a monster fit. I am not a completely oblivious mother, and that kind of behavior is NOT tolerated in our house. I only told the story because it was so out of the ordinary for him, it struck me as funny. And I really am proud of him for expressing himself instead of having a total melt-down, but really it wasn't a positive thing, and we did talk about it when he woke up from his nap. It's just that when something like that happens and the only option seems to cry or laugh, I choose laughing (Ask Jeremy and Stacy about nearly being robbed, raped and killed by the Federales in Mexico) and looking on the ridiculously stretched bright side is one way that I do that. Also, he didn't actually swear, he said "stupid" which is a bad word at our house. If he had said a real swear word, it would NOT have been funny. Anyway, that being said, please don't send any more mean e-mails to me regarding this subject. If you don't like my parenting either move on, or stop reading my blog. Thanks!
So, moving on, I have a funny story about Adia. She loves Sleeping Beauty, and one of her favorite things to do is to pretend that she is Aurora, and dance around the kitchen (the wood floors make it way fun to twirl) while I sing the "Once upon a dream" song (I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream...) Adia has a calendar in her room featuring the "princesses", and the other night we were looking at the pictures for the next few months and talking about each girl's name, and what her story was. We got to Sleeping Beauty, and I asked what her name was. Adia answered "Upona" Thinking she meant Aurora I suggested that, but it wasn't what she meant. She said "No mom, It's like the song. The prince is singing about dancing with her, and he says 'I danced with you once, Upona Dream', her name is Upona Dream." What a smarty...
Now, on to something I am going to suggest, and look for people who want to participate. As I said in the Peach Days post, Troy and I are talking about running in the next Peach Days race. My friend Ellie, who is a very good runner, commented, giving me some suggestions, and then said that maybe she would try to come out and run with us. (she and her family currently live in Georgia, but are looking at moving somewhere closer, -maybe?-, for her husband to go back to school, so it depends on where they end up:) That got me thinking. While I am not really a runner, and currently think of it as a perfect method of tortur I have a lot of people in my life who love to run. (You know who you are, Bobbi, Emily, Kristene, Tawna, Jessica,...) Several of them live close by, or at least within a few hours. So I thought, maybe some of you would like to try running with us. It might be fun to work on getting ready, and encourage each other, and then next year we could run together and cheer each other on. Anyway, if you are interested, let me know. If not, at least encourage me to actually go through with it:) Just a thought. And thanks Ellie, for the encouragement, and support. I really appreciate it. I won't, however, be running with you in the Disney World Marathon. I will be cheering you on from the comfort of my sofa, and will be excited to hear how great you do!:)
I love and adore you Miss Katie! You are such an awesome mom! I love learning from you too! Thank you for inspiring me to play, read and enjoy being with my kids. It case you didn't know, when you would watch them... back in the day... I wish I could be like you.... and stay home. Well, here we are 3-4 years later... and look at me now. Really, you inspired me to do all those fun activities with my kids. THANK YOU.
ReplyDeleteSo can I walk, instead of run in the Peach Day thing or is it just running. I'm so not a runner! I can walk!
I'm game, let me know what to do!!!
ReplyDeleteI have been walking about every night lately, so it wouldn't be hard to change it to running, especially since my friend wants me to run. Let me know when and I will come.
Running in the Peach Days marathon sounds like FUN! James will be way excited. Count us in!! :)
ReplyDeleteI think that you are a great Mom, and everytime I get to see your sweet family I am amazed by their growth, in the gospel, as well as in their day to day behavior. You are doing awesome, and ya gotta laugh or you will go crazy! Just look at Jer & Troy! We hold life together while they stress over everything. I really did think that we were funny in Mexico, I think Troy and Jer just misunderstood our humor, I guess they were worried about getting shot or something! Geezze! I loved the nice comment that you wrote on my blog. I thought you guys moved away from us so you wouldn't have to help us move anymore. You are a glutten for punishment.
ReplyDeletePS I don't run it gives me black eyes, but I would love to cheer you on.
PSS I am starting a mini blog on you blog(Can you tell that it is crazy late at nigh?)