Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Dangerous Ground

We have a friend here to play today. She is a cutie, and the girls have been playing hard all day. They are both getting a little grouchy, so I told them to lay down in the family room and watch a movie. I know that they are playing with Adia's Princess Barbies, but I am hoping that if they know that they are supposed to be sleeping at least they will play quietly, and not fight. So, I just went in and reminded them that they were supposed to be laying down when I hear our friend say "I'm sleepin' Nudy" What!?! This is a new friend, and we don't know her very well. We don't know her sleeping habits or much else about "normal" at her house. I rush out of the laundry room where I had been folding clothes, hoping that she still had her clothes on. It took a while, but we finally reached an understanding. She was not going to sleep nude, she was going to pretend to be Sleeping Beauty. And yes, Sleeping Beauty wears clothes. We practiced and practiced, but according to our friend, her name is still "sleepin nudy". I can't wait to tell her mom that we had some dangerous conversations at nap time.

2 comments:

  1. Hi this is Cindy from the ldsadoptive parents group.. That is so funny... My child says things all the time that I don't understand.. He is getting better though.. I just wanted to drop by and say hi and tell you what a beauitful family you have...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha! You now what a prude I am and when Parker was little he kept wanting to watch "under pants" and I was like no way in heck are watching under pants. I turned out to be "Wonder Pets". How funny.

    ReplyDelete