Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Kid Swap
My friend Shanna had the funnest idea. It's called a Kid Swap. (And I know what you are thinking, it doesn't mean to trade children...a little dissapointing...Totally kidding:) The idea is that all kids like to get mail right? So you get a group of kids from all over the place and they each have someone and they send thier person a package. Then everyone gets something in the mail, and they have a new friend too. I thought the getting of the packages would be the funnest part, and it still might be, but I have to tell you, my kids had a great time picking out the things that they were going to SEND. The limit that you can spend is $5, so I gave them each that much, and we hit the dollar store. I was surprized at who bought what, and how much they chose to spend. It was fun being able to teach them what you can get for the money and watching them make smart, (or not smart) money decisions. They had a great time getting it all packaged up, and oh, taking it to the post office and mailing their OWN packages, you would have thought that was the greatest thing in the world! I can only imagine what it's going to be like when they get thier own package. They are going to be blown away! Great idea Shanna, Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
what a fun idea. One of my favorite memories as a kid was my pen pal that I had.
ReplyDeleteI have one of those things... to send kids books. Um... yes, I haven't done it yet... I guess I should get on top of that!
ReplyDelete