Friday, September 5, 2008

Blog Award!


My friend Shanna nominated me for this award! Thanks!!The award comes with these rules:

The winner can put the logo on their blog.
Link to the person you received your award from.
Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
Put links of those blogs on yours.
Leave a message on the blogs you've nominated.
Write an acceptance speech in the style of the Academy Awards, thanking everybody’s mother, father, sister, brother, aunties and uncles and the kitchen staff at your favorite restaurant!


First of all, I would like to thank Shanna for nominating me. Without her confidence I would still just be an ordinary blog, not a prestigious, impressive, award winning blog:) I would also like to thank my darling children without whom I would have nothing to write about, and for their constant reminder that "I can do ANYTHING I set my mind to". And my dear husband, who gives me a hard time about being addicted to blogging, but secretly loves reading my posts, and hearing about every one else's blogs too. He is so supportive, and puts up with all of the adventures I take him on, and only rarely rolls his eyes when he hears me say "this will make a perfect post!" I would also like to thank my parents for giving me life, and my first grade teacher Mrs. Atkinson for teaching me to read and write, my faithful readers for visiting often, my Heavenly Father for blessing me with the talent of being such a gifted writer:) and myself for developing that talent...


Now, I would like to nominate:

PS- it stinks a little that Shanna nominated me, because if she hadn't I would totally nominate her. I love her blog! She is so funny, and she inspires me to be a better mom. I love that when I read her posts I feel like I can make it through the simple life I have. (She has twins, I KNOW I couldn't handle that!:) We "met" through an online adoption group we are both a part of, and I am really glad that I know her, and have found such a good friend. Really, you should all check her blog out.


Anyway...


1. I nominate Stacy. She is so funny. I love her and her darling family. We are really more like family than friends, and that is a relationship that I have really come to cherish. When we were going through our adoption drama she was one of the people who most helped me through it. She cried for us and prayed for us, and listened to us moan and complain, and then she jumped up and down and cheered with us when we finally got to bring the kids home. She has just really been there for me for every really important moment of my life for the last several years. Her family moved away from "home" around the same time we did, so we don't get to see each other very often, and the blog is one way that we keep in touch.


2. I nominate Melissa. She was my first blogging friend actually. She has been at it for a while. She tells people that I am her stalker. We met when we both lived in Cedar City, (She was my client-or should I say her girls were:) Then she moved up here, and a couple years later so did we. I just love how she has touched my life in a lot of different ways. I didn't know that my business would help me make friends that I could keep forever, but that's exactly what it did. She has also been a big support to me during the last few years. She can always make me laugh. And I LOVE her girls. They are such sweeties, and I love that I have been able to watch them grow up.


3. I nominate Joanna. We met when we lived in Cedar City, and we became fast friends. We were in a really similar place in our lives, and in starting our families. We had a lot in common, and just really enjoyed hanging out together. I love checking out their blog and seeing what happens in their life. I also love that she blogs about such a variety of things. She doesn't just stick to kids like I do (Although there are a lot of posts about kids) She talks about all areas of her life. I also really admire what a good mom she is. She always seems so patient and loving, and uses every opportunity to teach her kids new things.

4. I nominate Tanya. She is another one that I met through my adoption group, and I really admire her. She has such a sweet perspective on life. She doesn't let anything get her down. She has a lot of courage. I love the way you can just tell how much she loves her kids. She never seems stressed out by them, and she parents with a lot of love. I wish I was more like her.

5. I nominate Ellie. I met her in 5th grade, and have loved her ever since. She was always someone I could count on to do the right thing. Like in high school when you don't want to be the only one making a stand for what's right. I never had to worry about that because I knew I ALWAYS had Ellie. I wish I had stuck with her more often, but she was always one that I could rely on. She is still that way, and you can tell if from her blog. I love her "Hump day Hmmm" posts. I have always really admired her courage, and her kind heart.

6. I nominate Tiffany. She is so much fun! She married my cousin Jared, and I love, love her! She is so spunky. The first time I met her she came to La Sal with Jared to a Fuller Family Reunion. She didn't let my crazy family intimidate her at all. She jumped right in and took part in all of the activities. She even milked a goat! I have always thought she is a really awesome person. I just recently found her blog, but I love reading about their life, and the adventures they have.
7. I nominate Emily. I have known Emily since forever. Really, we were born a couple of months apart, and have known each other since then. I have millions of memories of us doing things together. We can get together and talk for hours about silly things we did. And we are still making memories, after 26 years (almost) that is quite an accomplishment. I just think she is such a cool person. I love that NOTHING stresses her out. She can have ten million things going on, and she is still calm and cool. She is good at everything she does, really, I don't know of anything she has tried that she isn't good at. That's because she doesn't give up until she gets it right. What an inspiration. I really like her posts about food. She is an awesome cook, and I love that she shares tips sometimes. I need all the help I can get.
Now I'm going to nominate someone who should start a blog. My sister Bobbi. Her blog would be fantastic! She is such a strong, brave, dedicated person. I get inspired just thinking about all of the things she is doing in her life. I am lucky to know her, and I think the blog world would be better for knowing her too:)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination, Katie. I'll post about it as soon as I finish my quilt. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nomination too! I'm avoiding typing my lesson for tomorrow... so I guess I best do the blog later!

    ReplyDelete