Friday, August 1, 2008
Update: Ethan did live through summer school!
Well, I wasn't going to write about this, but after the comments I received from everyone, I guess I better keep you informed. I did call the bus garage just to let them know about the little situation we had this morning. When I said in my last post that I wasn't sure what to do, I meant that I wasn't sure WHO to call about it, not that I wasn't sure IF I should call someone. I also meant that I wasn't sure I had done the right thing sending Ethan to school this morning, after he drove away it all of a sudden occurred to me that it might not have been a good idea, and I wanted to jump in the car and chase him down. But then again, I probably couldn't have caught up with them, I'm not sure I know all the "shortcuts":) Anyway, I just called the garage and asked who I would contact if I had a complaint about a bus driver. They actually guessed which summer program we were involved with. Apparently I am not the only concerned parent. The story is, this guy was only hired for the summer (so today was his last day) and they have been keeping an eye on him, but because of legal protocol, and because it was such a short time period, it was better to let him finish out his contract and then not hire him back than to try to fire him. I'm not sure if I agree with that, but now that it's over anyway, I'm not sure what else there is to do about it. Oh, boy, who knew this parenting thing was such a stress? Why didn't anyone warn me?...;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well, at least they knew who you were talking about, but really, the district was probably better off not firing him because honestly, you don't want your tax dollars going toward his unemployment. But I hope that they do report him somehow, and the man loses his CDL. I don't want him in a big truck if he's going to drive a bus like that! Maybe you should write to them and ask them to talk to the Department of Transportation?
ReplyDeleteWow, what an adventure. Where do you live now? I don't know if you even remember me, but I'm from Monicello.
ReplyDeleteJessica "Wright" Brown
What school does Ethan attend? I used to work at 3 Mile Creek in Perry for the last couple of years. I'm sad I won't be going back there this year, but excited for my new job at the same time. We moved from Logan to Pocatello Idaho. Too bad I didn't know you lived that close or I would have come and visit. :D
ReplyDeleteJessica
Jessica,
ReplyDeleteEthan goes to Mountain View now, but we did look into 3 Mile Creek, and really liked it. We live in between the two, and could have chosen to go either place, but Mt. View was a better fit for him. We moved to Brigham mostly for Ethan to get better services (before that we were living in LaSal, and there isn't a lot there him:)and we have been really pleased so far. We love the district. I wish we would have known that you lived so close too. Oh well, Pocatello isn't TOO far, stop by when you are headed home for a visit:)