We did it! We survived the summer! It wasn't pretty, there was chaos, and disasters, and yelling, and bribery, and messes, and meltdowns, (and the kids had a rough time too:) but today summer is officially OVER!!! No, we really did have a great summer, and compared to last summer it was a breeze. We did a lot of things we wanted to do, and while some of our goals just didn't get met, we did have a very productive summer, and made a lot of improvements. Oh, an did we ever have FUN! I loved having Ethan home more, and being able to spend time with him. Did I cry when he got on the bus this morning? HECK NO!!! But, I will miss having him around so much. He can always make me smile. Was he sad to get on the bus this morning? Again, a big fat NO! He could barely contain himself when he found out he could go back to school today. He is SO ready to be a big huge first grader! (Am I old enough to have a FIRST GRADER!?!) Here are a few pictures of the morning.
Going to school instead of staying home with mom...Gets a big fat thumbs up!
Doing the happy dance while waiting for the bus...
Playing air guitar while singing a song he wrote about how much better school is than staying home with mom all day...
How does Adia feel about the freedom?
Ethan's yearly interview...
Thats awesome that he loves school so much. I can remember dreading going back to school when I was in elementary.
ReplyDeletePlease tell me how to be strong?! This morning on the radio parents were calling in and talking about sending their kids off to school. I was tearing up myself just thinking about it, and Maddie doesn't go until next year! Preschool is gradually weaning me, but it is only 2 hours, 3 times a week. First grade comes I picture myself in the corner shaking! I know she enjoys school, and I want her to have all of those learning experiences. It's recess, lunchtime, bullies, embarrassing moments, getting hurt, and not understanding, that makes me want to hide inside her lunch box! I was a sensitive child and remember these moments myself. My only consolation is that she missed the deadline this school year.
ReplyDeleteYeah! I'm glad that he likes school enough to want to be there more than home! Phoenix asks me everyday if she gets to go to school yet. She misses the deadline so she still has 2 years to go! I didn't know you take pics. Is it a hobby or a job?
ReplyDelete