Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Wild Weekend!

We went home to visit last weekend, and we had a whirlwind trip. Originally we were going to leave on Thursday night, but Troy ended up needing to work for a few hours on Friday, and part of the road to get home washed out on Thursday night, so we would have just been waiting in traffic anyway, so it ended up being a blessing. So Friday we had plans to leave around noon, but Troy's "couple of hours" tuned into ten hours, and we didn't leave until four in the afternoon. It made for a long drive, but finally we made it to my parent's house. The entire way Adia kept saying "Dad I think you are going down the wrong path. You need to go where there is the big thing and the somethin'" But she wouldn't tell us what the big thing or the somethin' was, so we weren't sure how to explain that we were on the right "path" Troy and Adia argued for most of the trip until we turned at Crescent Junction, at which time Adia yelled out "Finally, you are on the right path! See the big thing? See the somethin'?" It was nine thirty at night, and pouring down rain, so we couldn't see anything, but we said that we saw it, and changed the subject. When we got to my mom's house she told my parents this big story about how we were lost, and she had to tell us where to go. What a bossy Betty...
So, the next day we were going to go to the fair with Troy's parents, and then go to Levi and Cassie's house to help them put up walls in the basement. Nothing went as planned. We did go to the fair, but after being there for about ten minutes we lost Adia. WE LOST HER! I was so scared. I have never lost a child before in my life. Granted I have only been a mother for just over three years, but we have been to big places, crowded place, places with lots of people, and I have NEVER lost a kid before. The kids were going on the rides, and Troy's mom was there, so Troy and I went to look at the exhibits. (At the San Juan County Fair that only takes about four minutes) When we came back Troy's mom told us that she wasn't sure where Adia was. AHHH, if you want a way to give me a stroke on the spot, tell me that you don't know where my kid is, that will do it for sure. Because of our situation I am TERRIFIED (and actually have good reason to be) of someone kidnapping our kids. It is just a part of our life, and one of the main reasons that I am a super paranoid mother. We searched all of the rides, searched the exhibits, the animal pens, the bathrooms, everywhere we could think of. As the minutes ticked away, I became more and more afraid, thinking of her being crushed by a steer, or running out onto the highway, or being hit by a tractor, and it is totally not like her to run away, she never does something like that, so someone must have taken her, were they still at the fair with her, or had they already left with her tied up in their trunk, if they were already gone how would we ever find her, we didn't know what the kidnapper looked like, or what they were driving... My mind was running wild, and I was nearly in tears, It seemed like she had been gone for an eternity (Real time it was about seven minutes) then Troy came up to me with Adia in his arms. AHHH! She had come off of one ride, and didn't see Troy or I anywhere, and apparently didn't notice her Grandma standing nearby, and she thought we had left her, so she walked out to the parking lot trying to find our car. A nice lady noticed her, and talked to her, finding out that she had just come from the carnival area, and figured we might still be there, so she brought her back. The poor thing, she was scared to death, and thought we had left her. I just hugged her and hugged her until she was over it and asked for some space. Oh, I am the worst mother ever! But I learned a lot from this. It will NEVER happen again! I will be sure of that, I, the most overprotective mom on the planet am going to up my game! My kids are going to be thirty, and I will still be holding their hand in public, or maybe I ought to invest in one of those things like a dog leash only for kids, or maybe we will just stay home and never leave the house again...Yup, that sounds like the safest plan, I think I'll stick with that one, good idea...
So anyway, we survived the fair, packed our kids up and went to Levi's house. We got there just as they were finishing up their work for the day. We had just missed out on being able to help. I was so sad! But we got a tour of their beautiful new house, and had a BBQ so it turned out alright. Gosh, I miss that family! (Stacy and Jeremy and their kids were there too, so we got to see everybody, and it made me miss them all the more)
Then Sunday we went to church where Troy blessed the sacrament, my dad talked in sacrament meeting, my mom gave the lesson in Relief Society, and I gave the prayer, twice. (You have to love small branches!) Then we left our kids with my mom, and headed home. They are staying at my parent's house until Thursday. I was totally excited, at first.
Yesterday I got done with just about everything I could think of to do. I Ran some errands, filled and delivered a couple of orders, did the last of the school shopping, hunted down some dance shoes for Adia, got my driver's license renewed (It expired in June, but it didn't dawn on me that it was time to get it renewed until this weekend) went to Logan to have lunch with Troy, cleaned the house, did the laundry and unpacked the suitcases, and went to a movie. It was really quiet and a little lonely. This morning it was REALLY lonely. I called up the kids to see if they missed me. They didn't. In fact I talked to Adia, and after she told me all of the fun things they did without me she said " Grandma Bobbie (my grandma) is coming today and I want to stay here to see her." I told her that she could, that she is staying for all of today, all of tomorrow, and I won't see her again until Thursday around noon. She said "Oh, good, talk to you then" and HUNG UP! Boy do I feel loved! So I went to the Farmers market. That's one thing I love about living here, the farmer's markets that are all over the place. I got a bunch of strawberries, and some corn to can. I finished with that, and it's just after ten o'clock, I don't know what else I am going to do. Maybe I'll take a nap, yeah, that sounds good. If anyone who lives nearby wants to get together for lunch or something, let me know, I'm free...

5 comments:

  1. You can have my three kids for the day and I'll enjoy free time!

    Brad is back to doing work/school stuff so I have three kids... you can come visit if you want!

    Sit down and read a book... there is this whole Twilight Series that is the talk of the town....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sounds intense! You never did tell me which school your little boy goes to... Also, how are Levi and Cassie--its been forever since I've talked to Levi. I miss them, they are a great family! Where is their new house at?

    Well enjoy the peace for a few more days! :D

    Jess :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I wasn't sick right now I would tell you to come play with me. I MISS YOU TONS. If you want to come I think it is just a lack of sleep cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so sorry she got lost!! I lost one of mine for the first time a couple months ago at Disney. Ok, just one of the stores near Disney, but still. He was gone for 45 min (real time was probably more like 2.5 min). I swear, it was the scariest thing I have ever been through!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can have my kids! But you'd have to come pick them up. . .

    ;) Have a great rest time.

    ReplyDelete