Friday, January 4, 2008

Rough Week

Well, I haven't written in a while, but I do have a good reason for that. It has been quite a week, and promises to continue to be so for the rest of the week and on into next. It started out alright, Troy had a couple of days off for New Years, and we loved spending the time with him, and getting little projects done. We celebrated the New Year with a fun party, and enjoyed recovering the day after. Then Wednesday Ethan went back to school. (YAY!!! I don't know how I am going to handle the summer. I loved having him home, he just takes so much attention now. He is used to being told what to do every minute of every day, and so he isn't so good at entertaining himself anymore. Also he and his sister aren't used to having to share with each other all day, so there was a lot of fighting) Then on Wednesday night I was watching the news and heard about a crash on Soldier Summit. I didn't think much about it until my Mom called me the next day and told me that it was my cousins. My cousins were going down to Price to meet up with Aunt Tami and my uncle Kendall. They were running a little behind so their Dad was speeding and hit a patch of ice. My cousin Kris was killed instantly, and the rest of them were life flighted to the hospital. By a miracle, my cousin Makaela survived with only minimal injuries. It has been a roller coaster since then. They are planning the funeral for next week, and all of my aunts, uncles, some cousins, and my parents have been in town trying to help or comfort. It really has touched me to see how strong my family is. We all just rally around each other, and support each other without having to be asked. It is a hard thing to deal with, but a great opportunity to see just how wonderful my family is. Funny how times like these make you appreciate stuff like that.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your family's loss. You are right though, we can be strong - and families are amazing.

    Don't you just love the gospel, and the knowledge that we can be with our family again?

    I hope your family can find the peace they need to get through this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in the near future. I love you, and I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. give the family a copy of "Sarah Jane"... they will appreciate it. Our prayers are with you...

    Also, I totally understand that fighting thing with kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Katie
    I'm sorry to hear about Chris. If you need anything please dont hesitate to ask. :)
    Love ya
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie, I just heard about your family. I'm so sorry to hear. I'm sure this is a really hard time. You have a great family and I'm sure you appreciate them in times like these. You guys are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete