Monday, January 21, 2008
Multi-tasking
Today we were cleaning the kid's rooms out - like deep cleaning, going through their closets and dressers, cleaning out toy boxes, finding things to throw away, give away, or donate. Moving out the beds and cleaning out the STUFF behind them, etc. (By the way, I have been really proud of Ethan lately for not hiding food around the house. I learned today that he hasn't stopped that habit, he has just become better at hiding it) Anyway, the kids, especially Ethan, get distracted really easily, and constantly have to be reminded to stay on task. Ethan was supposed to be going through his toy box while I was washing the walls in his closet, so I couldn't see him. He started to sing a little, and then it got louder, and sounded more and more animated. Without looking out I figured he was distracted again, and needed a reminder of what his job was. I said, "Ethan, are you singing or are you cleaning?" He replied, " I'm doing both. Remember, that is called multi-tasking." I checked, and he was right. Darn me for teaching him big words! The only thing left to do was sing along.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment