Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Birthday Kids

Tuesday was the kid's birthday. Ethan turned six, and Adia turned three. My parents came up to celebrate with us and actually stayed for multiple days, a record for them! More on that later... Anyway, you often hear mothers talk about what they were doing on the day their children were born. They have cute stories about when they knew it was time for their little one to come, or about the moment they first saw their beautiful baby. My memories are a little different than most. On the day Ethan was born I was recently engaged, a sophomore in college, and had no idea he even existed. On the day Adia was born I didn't know she existed either, and I spent the entire day crying because it was Ethan's birthday, and so many things were going wrong I didn't think he would ever be my boy. But these aren't the things I think of on their birthday. The memories I have didn't happen on their birthday at all. I remember the first day I met Ethan, and he ran up to me and said"Hi Mom!" and I was instantly in love. I remember the day that Kyle called and told me he had news, and I better sit down. Then he told me about Ethan's parents having a baby girl, and suddenly I was agreeing to two babies instead of one. I remember one of the days when it seemed like we were not going to get either of our babies, and suddenly we got a phone call that changed our life. We jumped in the car and drove nonstop to California to pick up our babies. I remember the first time we held Adia in our arms in the social workers office, and our long journey home with our brand new family. I remember the first time I actually felt like we were a family, the day we finalized, the day we were sealed as a family, and a hundred other lifechanging moments. It is great to look back on those things, to see where we came from, where we are now, and where we are going. Happy Birthday Babies!




Now on to less sap. As I mentioned, my parents were here for three days to celebrate the kid's birthday. It was great to have them here, and as I have been REALLY sick for the last several days it has been nice to have them take care of things (and me:) for a few days. We had a lot of adventures, (with computers, snowmobiles, cake, snow, and ice cream-Love you mom and dad) and since they were here for a while with no other plans for thier trip, I finally got to show them around the area. We went shopping, sight seeing, and just had fun. I loved being able to spend time with them, although now that they are gone it made me remember how much I miss them. Oh well, they took Adia with them, so now I have some time to recover.


I actually got sick on January 25th with a really bad sore throat. By the next evening I had the WORST sore throat pain I have ever felt. By Monday I could hardly stand myself, so I went to the doctor and found out I had tonsillitis and I got some major drugs. By Thursday, I still felt like HUD, so I went back to the doctor. Apparently I'm worn out. -Who would have thought. I don't get enough rest, and "probably haven't for a few years now" and so one little infection is plagueing my whole body. I have strict orders to stay in the house, preferably in bed, and take it easy. If I don't, I will have to get my tonsils taken out, and maybe have to spend some time in the hospital. I know I don't have time for that, so I have been really good for several days now. I have stayed inside except for a few small trips out to run arrends. I have slept and slept and slept. I am starting to feel a little better this afternoon, but now I am just down in the dumps. My family has been really good about helping me out, but my parents are gone now, and Troy is going back up to Wyoming tomorrow, so life is going to kick in, and I'm not sure if I will be able to take it easy and still do everything that needs to be done. (plus I am SO SICK of being sick, I don't know how much more taking it easy I can handle. I am about to CRAZY-er than usual!:)


Alright, enough complaining now on to my last post. Wow, I got a lot of info about the political quiz! I just want to let you all know I don't think it was something that you should base your political opinion on. I just thought it was informative, and it opened my eyes to some issues I hadn't considered before. It didn't determine who I am planning on voting for, nor will anyone else's opinion. I do appreciate the comments and emails I received explaining your opinions and views on things. I don't think any of us can ever have too much knowledge when it comes to a decision this important, so I really enjoyed the education I have been recieving. But also, one of the greatest things about our country is that we are entitled to have opinions and beliefs that don't have to match or agree with anyone else, so I also appreciate those of you who told me how you feel and why, and didn't pressure me into feeling the same way. Boy have I ever learned a lot! You guys are great!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes staying in bed when you're sick is the hardest thing. I'm glad you've got some sleep, and hopefully you're getting better! I know how much sleep moms DON'T get, and it's hard. I hope that you start getting some sleep as a general rule. Good luck to you; get well soon, and SMILE BIG!

    ReplyDelete