When we went to Mexico last spring we bought the kids some maracas. Both of the kids like them, and play with them a lot, but Adia calls them my-racas, not maracas. And it has become a substitute word in our house- like when something unbelievable happens we say "Oh My Racas!" (Let me tell you, on Double Espresso Day I said "Oh My Racas!" a time or two:) So for Christmas she got a baby with lots of accessories like a stroller, diaper bag, etc. One of the accessories is a little rattle. I have heard her call the rattle something, but never really understood what it was. This morning we were playing and she said it again, so I asked her to tell me about it. What she is calling the rattle is "My-baby's-racas" So hers is "My-racas", and the baby's is "My-baby's-racas" She has quite an imagination I guess. She also cracks me up when she doesn't know the name of something she just makes up a name for it. It makes me laugh because my sister and I are famous in our family for doing that when we were little girls (we still do sometimes:) And the funny thing is, most of the time even though we know what it is called now, my family and I still call it the made up name. I am happy that the tradition will live on through my daughter:)
So lately (for the last year) Troy and I have had a feeling that we are missing a child in our family, and have been trying to figure out how to make that happen. (I know how it happens:), we just aren't sure if we have enough emotional stability left to do another adoption,-and by we, I mean me- or if we need to try other options...like kidnapping:) We haven't really said that out loud to too many people, and especially not to the kids, but after yesterday, I am rethinking things. Ethan's teacher writes me notes about the day and sends them home in his folder every day. Yesterday she told me a funny story. It wasn't Ethan's turn to be line leader, but the real line leader had lost her privilege, so Miss Bee told Ethan that if he would hold her hand he could be the line leader. That worked for a while, but then he decided he didn't want to hold hands anymore. Miss Bee said, "you have to hold hands with me because I am your assistant" at the point Ethan stopped walking, jerked his hand away and YELLED, "I don't want another sister!" Maybe we have enough kids:) As I am writing this, I just turned around and Adia is jumping on the couch in front out our big living room windows-Naked! It looks like it is going to be a "Nude Year" after all. (Thanks for the suggestion Joanna) Naked is Adie's new thing. I tell her she needs to get dressed, and she tells me " I like to get dressed in no clothes. I think it is pleasantly delightful" I don't know where she gets this stuff. I think that solidifies the no more kids idea. Oh, well, it was fun trying:)
I was getting excited durning the middle of the post I thought maybe you were going to share some good news:( Go practice anyway;)
ReplyDeleteLove Stacy,
I am blushing!