Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Something to make you think.

I found this quiz on my friend Joanna's blog, and thought I would share it with you. It isn't supposed to tell you who to vote for, it just gives you an idea of which candidates have the same views as you. It was a little strange for me. My number one match was someone I had not ever considered voting for, and the person who I thought I would vote for was not even in the top three. I guess what it boils down to for me is if the things you disagree on are the deal breakers or not. I have been a little confused by this whole election, and the party that I was raised thinking was "the right one" might not be the one I will end up voting for. Life changes what you believe sometimes, and you find out that right and wrong is not always black and white. There is a lot of gray in the world. Anyway, try the quiz and let me know what you think. I am also interested in your opinion in politics if you want to share as long as you understand that your opinion might not change mine, and you still love me anyway. I am just hungry for knowledge on the subject.
Here's the link: http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460

7 comments:

  1. Katie,

    That's the beauty of the United States system. We get to vote for the people who best have our values. I feel like for me, Abortion and Marriage between a man and a woman are two of my most important issues. I also think that certain candidates are dishonest, so I'm voting for Mitt, but if you have a different candidate, you should vote for that person. Go vote in whatever primary you want to on February fifth, but PLEASE vote! Thanks. Smile big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh!!! Well at least Hillary came in at the bottom of my list!!! I get all excited at election time, and I try to convert Jer to my way of thinking (we already think the same way I just do a lot of talking about it.) He told me already that this is going to be a long year. So many issues are so important to me, I wish that there was a clear cut canidate for me, but at this point the only thing I do know is that I don't want Hillary back in office. All I can say is everyone vote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this Katie. This year has been confusing to me. I've heard so many sides so this little quiz really helped. hillary was never on my vote list so it was good to see she was at the bottom of my list.:p if you dont mind I think i'm giong to post that site on my blog too. I hope your okay with that.
    Love ya tons
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually had my top 2 at the top, they were just reversed. If either one of them made it through the primaries, I would be happy with either one of them. Thank goodness my most hated were at the bottom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm voting for Mitt for a different reason than most assume. For instance, I would never vote for Harry Reed under any circumstances (save a labotamy). Mitt's background is in business, specifically in taking businesses that need to reduce their overhead to become more efficient and profitable. He made many millions doing that, which suggests he's good at it. He also governed a state that is the most liberal of all, but did so with success and without having to compromise his ethics. Both of those tell me Mitt is the best man to clean up our problems in Washington. The third reason is that he is the only candidate that brings together fiscal conservative values with moral conservative values, and I believe he will be a foreign policy conservative as well. All the others are on the fringe in at least one of those issues.

    As for anyone on the Democratic side, they're as much at war as the Republicans are portrayed to be, but it's over race. Their actual views on what they want to accomplish are practically identical, so it's a toss up. What they want to do, though, is very dangerous to us as a nation because they have no understanding of economics and what their policies could do to our nation as a whole. I would rather have any of the Republicans over any of the Democrats, but the one that worries me the most is McCain because he threatens to destroy conservative values if he wins and thereby bring down the Republican Party. Primarily I think he's just too much of a maverick to actually be a good president.

    I've watched politics since I was a tiny child and actively since I was a teen, and I've never even heard of a more complex primary than this one, and I suspect none will ever again be as divisive and decisive as this one.

    Hope this post helps you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did this once. I then decided after I took the quiz I needed to find out who these people were. Yeah my pick is not at all who I agree with. I just figured this is an awaking and I need to educate myself on the issues again. I think I'll take this quiz every month and see what it tells me. See if it changes!

    I love Robert's comments too. Today on Face the Nation, it recapped the Hilary and Obama and South Carolina elections. I'm amazed at how they are attacking each other at personal issues. The country is changing and wow... it shall be interesting on where this goes.

    I'll let you know who the quiz told me to vote for... if you tell me...

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS This was a different quiz than I took. TOTALLY different results for this quiz than another one I took. I'm really surprised on my results!

    I also found these questions too vague on some issues and then saying too much in other questions.

    ReplyDelete