Monday, January 14, 2008
Double Espresso
I love Mary Kay's Double Espresso Eye color! It is a color duet which means that it consists of two colors which can be used separately or mixed together. It is a dark burnt red color on one side, and a charcoal color on the other. I love to use it layered for a smokey eye at night, I love to use the red shade with tooty-fruity to make my eyes look fiercely blue. I love the way the charcoal color works with my new hair color to make my eyes really stand out. I just like the product. Mary Kay is getting ready to transition to fresh new eye colors. I am so excited to get updated colors, and I love Mary Kay for keeping up with the trends, but this means that my beloved Double Espresso is now only available while supplies last. (Consequently this also means that I am having killer sales on all of my color products right now, so if you are looking to update your look for a great price give me a call:) I'm not sure if it will be returning in the new color line, or if we will have something similar. I have been meaning to stock up on it a little just in case, but haven't done it yet. This isn't a product update, I do have a point, and I am getting to it now. Today I was on the phone with my mom, and even though we talk every single day, we still manage to talk for hours. I was chatting with her and wasn't really doing mommy duty to the best of my ability. Finally I decided to check on Adia, and found her in the bathroom. She had climbed up and taken out my custom compact and started putting on makeup. (Luckily it only holds three eye colors and a cheek color, and wasn't my Palette which holds up to 12 eye colors) Well, as I'm sure you have guessed by now, this compact was the one that had my double espresso in it, and that was the color she focused on. She had painted her entire face with it using the wet brush technique, so it was DARK. She had also dug at the color so much it had fallen out of the casing onto the floor where she wiped it all over her hands, the floor, the walls, the toilet, the rug, her clothes, basically everything in the entire room. Did I mention that my bathroom is ALL WHITE? When I walked in she looked like a biracial baby, a mix between African American, and Native American :) She was applying the makeup to her ears when I walked in, looking in the mirror, and faithfully saying her affirmations. She saw me and just smiled, her teeth looking unbelievably white next to her now dark skin. She asked "How do I look?" There are points in you life that you get into a situation where the damage is already done, and nothing you can do at that point will solve the problem. You are then faced with the choice of laughing or crying. This was one of those situations and I chose to laugh. I wanted to take a picture, but as luck would have it, the batteries in my camera were dead. Then it was time to clean up. The walls floor, etc. came up pretty well, although the verdict is still out on the rug, we'll see when it gets done in the washer. The girl was another story. Another thing I love about Mary Kay is that it stays on so nicely. That's just what you want in an eye color...unless it is covering your baby's entire body, and you have the young women presidency coming to your house for a meeting in an hour. Luckily Mary Kay also has a miracle in a bottle called OIL FREE EYE MAKEUP REMOVER. After using almost an entire bottle, she now looks like the little white girl she should. We got her cleaned up and dressed just in time for my meeting, so things are going well. Now I just have to pray that my color isn't sold out before I get the chance to order another. Keep your fingers crossed for me! Anyway, I just wanted to share this joy of parenting experience with you. Hope you enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You make me giggle. Payton tried the brozing powder on right before my Mom came to pick the kids up for the weekend. She just kept starring at Payton, but couldn't figure out what was wrong. Good Luck with the clean up on that.
ReplyDeleteMore power too ya on the clean up. I can't even clean up the general stuff around my house. Let alone my make-up when Jackie spills it! I try to keep it away from her, but I'm not a magician. I can't make it disappear and reappear when I want to.
ReplyDelete