Friday, November 9, 2007

Mary Kay strikes again!

Okay, so there are a lot of reasons that I love Mary Kay, and Mary Kay has made a lot of things better in our house, but here is one I experienced this morning. I am doing positive affirmations each morning (My MK friends know what I'm talking about) which started out as really hard for me, but as I have done them they have made me believe them, and I am now a much more powerful person. So anyway, I walked down stairs this morning to check on Adia. She was in the playroom playing dress up in a little vanity mirror that she has. I walked in and heard her saying...I am smart enough, powerful enough, and able to do anything I set my mind to. I CAN achieve my dreams. I don't know if you have heard, but I am a PRETTY BIG DEAL... It just makes me giggle because how many times must she have heard me saying that in order to have it down like that. And I didn't even know that anyone had ever heard me do that. I thought I was doing it in privacy. (Yeah, I'm a mom, what is privacy?)But why do I do that, couldn't my whole family and those around me benifit from hearing some of that stuff? But the most important thing I got from hearing this is my little girl has a positive self image. If she can grow up knoing that she is a BIG DEAL, how will that change her life? I think it will make her a much stronger person, and she will be so ahead of the game. Isn't that what we all want? For our kids to know that they are special, and that they are children of God, and that they can achieve anything? Anyway, I just thought it was cool.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are blogging. I just read all your entries and just laughed at my positive thinking, drunk, and "single" mother. Your kids are the best! I feel that I'm there hearing/seeing all these things happen to you. By the way which doctor did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa,
    I got in to see Dr. Horkley. Dr. Brown was booked until December, but I am so glad that we went to Dr. Horkley anyway. He was so nice to Ethan, and very patient, but he knew a lot about the things Ethan deals with, and also knew about new therapy and studies that are comming out. He talked to me like I knew what what was going on, and told me how it was, not just a watered down version of the truth to make me feel better. I'm not used to that, and I really appreciated it. Anyway, I loved that about him, so thank you for the clinic recomendation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you saw a doctor there... yeah! I love that place. See Comment on next blog

    ReplyDelete