Friday, November 4, 2011

Making a connection.

* First of all I want to remind you about the Adoption Q&A giveaway. Don't forget to ask your question before midnight on the 18th. Thank you to those who have submitted a question already, I have received some REALLY good ones. Some of you are thinkers!:) I can't wait to answer all of them. Remember, if you don't want to post it publicly email me (eberling2@msn.com)  and don't be afraid, there are no stupid questions, and you will be anonymous to everyone but me.:)





Rodney Atkins

So, do you know Rodney Atkins? Over at our house he is a favorite. He is a country singer, a very caring person, and ... ADOPTED! (He's even the spokesperson for The National Counsel For Adoption)
When we were trying to adopt our kids it was a HARD process. There was a lot of worry and fear, and sadness and heartbreak. Even still it is the hardest thing I have ever been through. Right in the middle of it Rodney Atkins came out with his song "If you're going through Hell" It sounds funny, but it was really inspirational to us at the time. It talks about how when you are going through Hell, you can't stop, you can't give up, you can't let your fears take over, you just keep going until you get out. It became our family theme song for a while. (And also made for a really uncomfortable situation in Primary when The Bishop was visiting and Adia was chosen to "pick your favorite song" during singing time... NOT APPROPRIATE!:) So when we found out that he was adopted himself, we had to write him a letter telling him what an impact his song had made on us, and why. He even answered back, with the nicest letter I have ever received, encouraging us on our journey. Nice, right?
So a few weeks ago when a friend of mine brought an article to my attention about him, I knew I wanted to share it with you this month. So go HERE and read about it. I love his appreciation for his birth mom. And at the end it had me a little teary.

No comments:

Post a Comment