Thursday, November 17, 2011

a different point of view

I don't think it's any secret that I love birth families. I am awed by the selfless choice they make. I am fascinated by the love and strength they have. I am drawn to them, and want to learn from them. I have so much admiration for them, I can't even find the right way to describe it. When I think of the selfless choice my kid's birth grandparents made, and how it literally changed my life in unmeasurable ways, I get choked up. I have nothing but respect for anyone who would be willing to give a part of themselves in order to change the life of someone else. But one side of the story you don't hear much is that of the birth father. Often that is because he isn't involved, but many times it is because he's forgotten. A friend of mine, "Mrs. R", recently interviewed a birth father. I love a lot of his points. It really helped me to understand and recognize that side of things. I love what he said about changing the way the world looks at birthparents vs. adoptive parents. It really spoke to me. Yes! We do need to change that view. That's part of awareness, I think. That's our job, as someone who knows the truth about birth families, to speak out and change the way the world looks at it. But... even if it doesn't make you want to start a crusade, you should still hop over and read the interview, you won't be sorry! :) Check it out HERE

1 comment: