Saturday, June 12, 2010

For Your Information...

Something has recently been brought to my attention that I feel like I need to address. This is serious people, so PAY ATTENTION. Many of you have noticed that I have a playlist on my blog. If you take a closer look you will notice that it is labeled "Our Theme Songs" For the most part that is true. Music really speaks to me. It helps me heal, reminds me of lessons learned, hard times, good times, special moments or people, etc. It has the same effect on my children. MOST of the songs on this playlist are important to us. If you go through the playlist in order, it kind of follows the ups and downs of our life for the past several years. HOWEVER, not ALL of the songs describe our life exactly. For example the song "Abra Cadabra" is my friend Levi's and my song, though the actual thought to "reach out and grab ya..." would make either one of us shudder and dry heave. It is the MEMORY of the first time we heard it that makes it special, not the WORDS. Likewise the song "goodbye Earl" is special to my sister and I because it came out as she was going through her divorce. It made us giggle, but we DID NOT kill anyone! Her ex husband is still very much alive, I think, and if not it had NOTHING to do with either one of us! And the song that seems to be in question, "I'll pray for you" makes me think of my dad. He and I recently heard it on the radio and I thought it was pretty funny. I DO NOT wish for anybodies breaks to go out, flower pots to fall on heads, any his and hers tattoos to be discovered, or any of the other things that are said in that song. I am NOT crazy, disturbed, overly emotional, or bitter. In fact, I am less of all of those things concerning my divorce, than most of my friends and family. I HAVE seen a therapist and he says I'm good. I am handling the hard things in my life very well right now, and use up my "praying time" on worthwhile requests, rather than revenge. So, if you have been worried after listening to my playlist, I appreciate your concern, but I really am fine. If this continues to bother you, you are more than welcome to pause the playlist, or turn off the volume on your computer. Thank you, and have a nice day!

PS: This evidently is a real issue for a few people, but the "rant" I just had was meant to be read in a teasing tone, not an angry one, please don't send me anymore e-mails regarding my mental health based solely on this post:)

8 comments:

  1. Oh Katie how I love you! :) PS I love the songs on your playlist...most of them are in my own collection of songs :D Also I love that you have Broken by Lifehouse on here...I remember when you played it during a Laurel Lesson...you were the best leader :D
    P.S. if you enjoy songs like pray for you...check out Tonight I'm just me by SHEdaisy and Mood rings by Relient K...they make me giggle :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,

    What a whirlwind for you! I'm very sorry, but glad to hear that you know it is for the best. I hope that you can find even more happiness in your life each and everyday even if it is just the little things! You are an amazing woman! Keep up the good work. Songs to tell stories or to remind us of things are good. I wouldn't care what others think--it's your life! HA! Love ya! jess :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got on this blog... and I heard IF I HAD A MILLION DOLLARS. I love that song and we sing it as a duet when we drive. I'm just going to comment on here the songs I hear from now on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought ALL of the songs on your playlist were very appropriate! In fact, I went through every single one the other day and made a list of my favorites so that I can start collecting them for myself. (I know... I'm totally cool!) We miss you and are so glad that you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love listening to your playlist...a lot of the songs remind me of High School. :) Ahhh good times. Which reminds me I was going through some boxes and found the memories book that you and Nicole made. It was so fun to look through it and explain the inside jokes to James...some he got and thought were funny but some...well those are just for our HS group :D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today... Far Away by Nickelback :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like you to add Let's Get Drunk and Fight by Joe Nicholes, and then let me loose! I'll take care of your problems for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete