Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father's Day


There was a dad
who had a daughter.
Swung her.
Spun her.
Chased her.
Caught her.
Hugged her.
Loved her.
Praised her.
Taught her.
Oh, what happiness
he brought her!
Happy Father's Day from that daughter.
I have recently realized just how rare a dad like mine is. I have been so blessed to have such a wonderful friend and father in my life. We have always had a really close relationship. I have always known that no matter what mistakes I make, or how old I get, or how much my life is crumbling around me I can count on him to come for me, and he will pick me up and hold me until I can stand on my own again. I know that I can count on him to always do what's right, and I can pattern myself after him. I can trust him to tell me the truth. I have been thinking a lot about that lately, and it has really hit me just how important a GOOD father is. I want to tell my GOOD father thank you, from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for making me the person I am. Thank you for being someone I can count on. Thank you for being a hero to my kids. I love you so much Daddy! Happy Father's day.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Father's Day to Katie's perfect father. I know it is true cause he is my brother and I do love him dearly.
    Miss you so much my Katie Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete