Sometimes I wish I was one of those moms who didn't tell my kids everything. I wish that I could remember to just answer their questions with a simple "I don't know" or make something up, or ignore them. That might not make me a very good mom, but it would certainly make my life much easier. At the very least it would keep me from being yelled at by offended, hairy French men. I swear, if the three of us make it until they are adults without being knocked out by someone they have offended, it will take no less than an act of God...
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Amber Alert
Yesterday there was an Amber Alert. The kids, especially Ethan were really concerned and interested. I explained that the little girl (I think, I wasn't paying much attention) was missing and this was a way to let everyone know that she was missing so we could all keep an eye out for her, or the person who took her. They wanted to know what we would do if we saw her or "the bad guy that took her". I told them that we would call the police and they would help us. We had several errands to run that day, and they both decided that it was their duty to keep their eyes open and find this missing girl (Because she is totally going to be in Nowhere UT, right?) And they took it seriously. Evidently they thought that the kidnapper was dirty, smelly, and had long facial hair. Every person who we saw the entire day who fit that description was a suspect. At first they would just whisper (loudly) and point (Noticeably) and ask me if that was their guy. Then they decided that they were wasting precious time by consulting their mom, and went straight to the questioning themselves. "Hey, are you the bad guy that stole that little girl? Are you sure? If you did steal her you better bring her back! Her mom misses her!" You might think that this isn't a big deal, how many dirty, smelly, hairy guys could you possibly see in one day right? Well, let me tell you, we were in MOAB in the SUMMER! There was no end to the dirty, smelly, hairy people we saw. They were everywhere! And my kids questioned EVERY ONE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Katie, that is too funny. I feel like I am always reminding Phoenix not to say something, or to say it quietly (like, questioning why an overweight person is buying particular food items, or why someone is smoking, or yelling "Ba-gina" which is another story in itself)
ReplyDelete