Saturday, June 19, 2010

For Adoption. For Fathers. For me, it's about giving thanks.

So Today is the day before Father's day. It's a day at our house we think about birth fathers. We don't have a real relationship with our kid's birth father, but we have a GREAT relationship with his father, our Papa Steve. He ROCKS! We love him so much! He is a real example of what a good father is. I hope that my kids grow up to be a lot like him. They are lucky to have someone like that to look up to. So today we honor him, and the many birth fathers (And grandfathers) out there who were willing to make a tough decision, to give their children a family that would love them and could take care of them. I am grateful for that sacrifice. I try every day to be worthy of that gift.
On a similar note I wanted to share something fun with you, that YOU can do to support adoption a little bit.
Stop by wendy's this weekend to celebrate father's day & support 123,000 foster kids waiting for forever families. Saturday and Sunday, (June 19th and 20th) 50¢ from every Frosty sold will be donated to the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption. Isn't that cool? This is something that my little family can do to make a difference. Every little bit helps, and for us it is a way to say "Thank you" for the great blessings we have been given through adoption by supporting those who are still waiting. So, stop on by your local Wendy's and grab a Frosty or two... or ten, and make a little difference in the world:)
*Don't like Frostys? Consider adopting a child through foster care. Ask me how to get started.:) (You knew I HAD to throw that in there right? You were expecting it, I'm sure:)

No comments:

Post a Comment