Today at lunch we were had a conversation that made me giggle. We were talking about something that doesn't really matter, and I told Ethan, "you're the odd man out." They didn't know what that meant, but as usually happens with a new word, after I explained it they tried using it as many times as possible throughout the course of the meal. Finally Adia couldn't think of anything else that made someone the "odd man out" so she suddenly shouted out "Hey, if Dad was in that situation he would be the OLD man out!" and then she burst into giggles. I had to chuckle too. Things quieted down after that and I could tell that they were each thinking hard. Finally Adia said "Mom, is that why you make that funny, colored chicken for Dad? Because he's old?"
"What chicken?" I wasn't sure what she was talking about, and serving him funny colored chicken makes it sound like I might be trying to cash in on the life insurance...
"You, know, the kind you always make on Valentine's Day, Chicken -Old, and Blue. Is it called old because you make it for Daddy?"
It dons on me then "Chicken Cordon Bleu" (If she thinks its called that it says a lot about my cooking, don't you think?) (and furthermore, if she thinks anything "old" is directly tied to Troy it says a little about him too, hee, hee.:) I can't wait to tell him this story, he's gonna love it. For now, it just makes me giggle to think of how their little minds work.
No comments:
Post a Comment