Today Ethan had a Doctor's appointment. He has a hard time with things that are out of routine, and especially things where he feels like he is being observed, so I always try to talk him through it before we go. We were talking about what was going to happen and I asked "what do we do when we go to the doctor's office?" I was thinking along the lines of You listen, you do what he asks, you don't hit him when he is testing your reflexes, you don't yell "BAD TOUCH!!!" when he lifts your shirt to listen to your lungs, you don't run away and hide until mom gets hysterical and they have to call hospital security. You know, all that normal doctor visit stuff:)
Ethan thought about this for a while. He really wanted to get the right answer. He knew it was important and he would get tested on it all the way to the doctor's office if he didn't get it over with right then. Finally his face lit up. He knew the answer, and he was excited about it. He smiled and said "You wash your face, brush your teeth, and put on clean underpants." It's true, I make him do that every time we go to the doctor. Good job dude! Way to get the priorities right!
No comments:
Post a Comment