
Dora

Adia
The funniest thing about this picture is that she isn't trying to look like Dora. That's the way she always waves, with her arm straight above her head. It's so cute, you can never be in a bad mood when Adia waves at you:)
I wanted Adia to get a short and easy summer hair cut. She asked for it to look just like Dora's. You know Dora,... THE Explorer. (In case you DON'T know Dora, she is a little cartoon girl who runs around speaking Spanish and having adventures.) Those of you who know me know that Dora isn't my favorite person. It's not that I don't like her. She's great, really. But there are two things that I have an issue with. One, her belly shows, and two - her hair. It drives me NUTS! I tried to explain that to her. She didn't care. I tried to convince her of a different cut. She insisted on Dora. She told us exactly how she wanted it. We cut it just like Dora's. (Not really! THANK YOU SO MUCH AUNT BOBBI!) It looks really cute.*Now I have a slightly racially inappropriate story to share about her hair cut. If you don't want to hear it, stop reading now, consider the first paragraph to be the end of the post, and just admire the darling hair cut. If you keep reading, consider yourself warned. I don't want any mean comments -got it?
As Bobbi was cutting her hair we were trying to thing of reasons that we couldn't cut it like Dora's. We were about out of reasons when Bobbi said "it's not going to look exactly like Dora's because she has more hair than you." Adia asked why Dora had more hair. Bobbi answered "because she's Mexican, and Mexican people have a lot of hair." That got us started on a conversation about how Adia's birth parents are both part hispanic, and so Adia is too. She decided that since she has blue eyes and her *Real* parents aren't hispanic that she wasn't either and so her hair really wouldn't look exactly like Dora's (Yay!) When the cut was finished, looking similar, but not exactly like Dora's, we swept the hair into a pile. Her hair had been pretty long before the cut, so there was quite a pile. Adia looked down and said, "Holy Crap! I guess I AM a Mexican!"
Dora just plain annoys me. Luckily my kids aren't fanatics or anything:)
ReplyDeleteDora annoys me too. Nuf said!
ReplyDeleteOkay... so if having a lot of hair... then I must be Mexican. Have you ever noticed how thick my hair is? Sadly, I know I'm not and I have no family blood lines.... have you ever noticed how pale I really am. Yes... true family lines from England and Scotland. (I'm related to a King... so Royal Family Blood Lines.)
But, my sister in law's mother is from South America and so you see they are Hispanic. She has blue/green eyes, and her 3 daughters have the brightest blue eyes.. AND I have 3 daughters with brown eyes I HAVE BLUE EYES, why couldn't my girls have blue eyes! Oh yes, they too have a lot of hair. :)
It must be late...
Kids are awesome... Brea just started watching Dora she loves it... I myself... well that is another story for another day.
ReplyDeleteHey Katie,James wanted me to apalogize to you on his behalf. He says he's sorry that he wasnt more social when we came and saw you last. He was having an anxiety attack about the tree and he wanted me to tell you that he didnt mean to be rude he was just freaking out...literally. :p
ReplyDeleteThat is absolutely hilarious! No one should be offended by it anyway! Adia seems so much like Trystan in their ways of thinking because they both come up up with some pretty dang funny things!
ReplyDelete