Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Pledge of Allegiance, Adia Style

Adia is learning the Pledge of Allegiance. I love it, it's so cute. But I was wondering if she really understood what it meant, so we broke it down and talked about it line by line. Here is what she says, and then what she says it means.
I pledge allegiance to the flag
I promise the flag gives me allergies

Of the United states of America
That's what flag it is that gives me the allergies

And to the public where witches dance
It's like when the witches dance down the street, like a parade or something

One nature thunder God
It's like being outside when Heavenly Father sends a thunder storm.

Invisible
No one can see you

With Liberty and Justice for all.
That means EVERYBODY has a Libby and a Justis (friends of ours)

3 comments:

  1. That is hysterical-I need to ask my five and three year old what they are saying too-they have it memorized as well, and I can tell they haven't the foggiest what it means...anyway I came to say you won my giveaway! Email me your address!
    tiffhewlett at yahoo dot com! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete