No Mom, I haven't been sneaking frosting!
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Family Night
This week for our family home evening activity/treat we made this hunted gingerbread house. (Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for the kit) We had a lot of fun with it except that the black frosting stained the kid's fingers, tongues and faces. (And did even worse things in the toilet the next day!) It didn't turn out quite as nice as the photo on the box, and Ethan kept saying "Good thing this is a HAUNTED house because it's looking pretty scary." The kids were really good about not sneaking candy off of it. It lasted until this morning when our friend Hannah, who is staying with us for a few days, decided to take a hunk of it for an after breakfast treat. (I'm sure her mom is groaning as she reads this-sorry Melissa, I'll try to take better care of her from now on:) After that it was free game, and there was no holding back. We did this activity after having a lesson about the temple to be built in Brigham City, and Adia kept trying to make comparisons between us building a haunted house and workers building the temple. It was cute because you could tell that she had listened a little bit to what we had said, but also a little disterbing because by the comparisons she was making it was obvious that she had missed the point a little. Oh, well, that's usually the case with our family nights. It will get better as they grow up right? (Just say yes, I really can't handle the truth yet:)




No Mom, I haven't been sneaking frosting!
No Mom, I haven't been sneaking frosting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If Hannah didn't try to sneak candy.... I would think something was wrong with her. By the way... I just laughed so hard when I read that!
ReplyDeleteHannah misses Adia, so we stopped by to see the blog.... she screams THAT IS ADIA!!!! oh... and that's Adia's boy....
ReplyDeleteshe has been asking for Adia all day, every day.... and calls all her other friends Adia