I don't know about you other "Mormon Mommies" out there, but I have a hard time with General Conference. I love it, and would love to actually watch it, but eight hours of "watching old guys talk" (That's how Ethan described it when we talked about it during FHE this week) is hard on small kids. I have printed out the fun conference packets (Or here or here)(I print them out on the blank sheets of Color Wonder paper, it makes them a little more magical) we sit in a tent like the people in the Book of Mormon did when they were listening to King Benjamin, we have tons of treats, but there is still the fighting over who's marker is whose, she stole my treats, he left floaties in my juice, you know the drill. So I found this darling idea that I think might solve all of my problems (Or at the very least, get us through the opening song without any whining) It is an individual crate filled with conference goodies. I think I am going to add a few other things to mine, like a small pillow and blanket, the conference packets, stickers, and better treats, but I still think it's a great idea. I'll let you know how it worked.
Thanks for the idea and links--- we are moving Thursday and Friday but I usually have some fun things for the kids to do for conference. I did get around to printing off the conference bingo and bought some candy corn markers but havne't gotten around to finding any more activities for this year. I also printed off the apostle cards---the kids like to find the picture of the speaker and it seems to keep them interested. I was so proud that they made it through the morning session without a peep! Of course the little one was sleeping, so that helped. I decided for the bingos they could be in charge of coloring them to keep them busier even longer before they play. Hopefully we can both listen to conference this year in peace:)
ReplyDeleteSo, I'm dying to know, so I might use the idea next time. How did it work out???
ReplyDelete