Thursday, March 26, 2009

Nobody likes me everybody hates me I guess I'll go eat worms...

Yesterday Ethan came home, and as soon as he got of the bus he was telling me all about a worm he found at lunch recess. It was huge and fat and slimy. It was so exciting! He needed to put it in it's new home. Great, I love a good worm story, but he wouldn't let it go. He kept telling me that he needed to put it in his new home over and over. He also seemed really hungry because he kept wanting to get in his lunch box. I couldn't figure it out I kept giving him snacks, but he kept wanting what was in his lunch box. I totally didn't make a connection between the two things. Finally I put the lunch box away so he couldn't see it, and he seemed to forget about it. Then after the kids had gone to bed I was washing dishes and getting the kitchen cleaned up. I opened Ethan's lunch box to wash it, and there right in the bottom was a huge, fat, slimy, (slightly squished) worm. Apparently the new home was OUR home. I asked him about it the next morning and he told me that he found it and he needed to put it in it's new home, so he sneaked it in his pocket during school, and then on the bus he took it out, but it looked a little smaller (because it had been smashed from his pocket, I'm sure) so he put it in his lunch box so it could get something to eat and grow bigger again. That's where I found it. We had a long talk about leaving worms where they belong, but who knows if that will help. So if any one's hungry come on by and we'll dig through Ethan's lunch box, maybe this time we will find a snake, or a grasshopper or something.

1 comment:

  1. That is so nasty! My kids also have a fetish with creatures, but ours is snails. I spent 45 minutes last summer lookiong fo an escaped snail in Maddies closet before I found it stuck to a hanger. We feed our turtle worms though and it would probably disgust most people to know that I keep a container of worms in my fridge:)

    ReplyDelete