We are home now, we are better, for the most part, (thanks Mom and Dad!) and we are back to life as usual,- enter a story about my child saying something I wish he wouldn't/me showing my super-good parenting skills.
My parents live in a little tiny town literally in the middle of nowhere. Really, there is not much there. That includes radio stations. Sometimes there isn't a choice, you listen to whatever one comes in and you like it. So that is what we were doing. We got kinda lucky, and for a while we got this fun station with "today's hits and yesterday's favorites". It had a lot more of yesterday's favorites then anything, but most of them really were favorites, so we cranked it up and sang along. Remember that song "I'm too sexy"? The one where the guy is too sexy for his shirt, his car, the song, and a vast array of other things? Well, that song came on. I hadn't heard that song for AGES probably since like second grade when it came out. I thought that the kids were both asleep until Ethan spoke up and said "mom, this guy is too sexy for everything!" Then he started singing. "I'm to sexy for my shirt, too sexy for this car seat, too sexy for this blanket..." And you know how that song gets stuck in your head? So all day long he was singing "I'm too sexy for this sandwich, too sexy for this apple sauce, too sexy for this juice." Then we went shopping and he was "too sexy for this shopping cart, too sexy for the laundry soap, too sexy for the toothpaste." And don't forget the "I'm a model, you know what I mean, and I do my little turn on the catwalk. On the catwalk, on the catwalk..." And it didn't end, all day long it was over and over again, "I'm too sexy for these jammies, too sexy for a bubble bath, too sexy for a bedtime" Even at two o-clock in the morning "I'm too sexy to sleep all night, too sexy to be quiet, too sexy to stop singing" He doesn't know what sexy means, so I'm sure he doesn't know who inappropriate it is to keep singing it over and over. I am really sorry that I ever exposed him to that song. I am just praying that he isn't singing it all day at school, though even as I write that I know it isn't realistic to believe that. Anyway,not really a point to this story, just thought I would share anyway.
I laugh , but I know my liitle guy would do the same. I am so sick of that Madagascar "move it, move it"...it just sounds inappropriate. That song is the worst though...thanks for getting it in my head:)
ReplyDeleteHe must take after me because I am to sexy, and you know it.
ReplyDeleteKatie
ReplyDeleteTo funny. I love to read what the kids are doing. It makes me laugh.
Hugs Terri
I'm too sexy for this comment....
ReplyDeleteThat song is suck in my head now!
that is such a funny story. Cole will hear a song and sing it over and over and then it ends up getting stuck in my head.
ReplyDeleteJust blame it on Troy, that's what we do at our house when someone does something naughty! Example: "Where did you learn that naughty word?" Response: "Uncle Troy!"
ReplyDeleteHa Ha I love it.
Love Ya,
Stacy
Jackie does that all the time. . . ALL THE TIME. She has been walking aroud my house singing, "I'm moving out." for months. Mostly because it's my theme song lately.
ReplyDeleteLOL that is too funny. I love reading your blog...makes me laugh every time.
ReplyDelete