Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hero of the week...A day late, I know...

This week's hero might sound silly, but believe me, she saved my life! On Sunday Troy had to go to St. George early, so we took separate cars so he could run home and change and get on the road right after church. That left me to track down both kids and get them home by myself. That might not sound like a hard job, but primary ALWAYS gets out about five minutes before any other class, so by the time I get out of my class all of the kids in the whole ward are running wild throughout the church. I easily found Ethan, and the two of us looked around for Adia. We looked...and looked...and looked...and couldn't find her. We searched in every single room. We even split up in case we just kept missing her (a risky choice, I know, but I was getting desperate) We had been looking for about 15 minutes, and I was getting frantic. You know how overprotective I am anyway, and we are also very worried about kidnapping because of our adoption situation, so you can imagine how my mind was going crazy with possibilities. I was nearly in tears. Finally sister Johnson, came out of the chapel, holding Adia's hand. She told me that she had been in choir practice and she saw Adia in the back of the chapel. She was peeking out the door, and then she would dive down under the bench. In a few minutes she would pop back up, laughing and seeming very proud of herself. After several times of this happening Sister Johnson caught on to what was happening. She went and asked Adia what was going on and Adia told her that she was hiding from her mom. Each time she would see me coming she would dive under the bench and hide. It was "so much fun, and way sneaky!" Sister Johnson saved the day by taking Adia by the hand and convincing her that they better go find me. Without her help I'm sure I would have had a crying screaming come-apart right in the foyer of the church - I was close as it was. So thanks to Sister Johnson, my hero of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment