Kids screaming, and run into the room where mom is sprawled across the bed like yesterday's drunk.
Adia "I HAD TO DO IT!"
Mom: "Had to do what?"
Ethan: "Had to hit me like a not nice girl!"
Adia: ""Yeah because I had too."
Mom: "Why did you have to hit Ethan?"
Adia; "because you told me to get my shoes on and so I was but Ethan was faster, and that made me mad, so I was mad and putting on my shoes and Ethan tried to help me, but I don't NEED help because I can do it ALL BY MYSELF so I yelled at him so he said 'so FINE' and so I HAD to hit him and bite just a little bit!"
Mom: "Kids, go down stairs and fight soft so Momma's head doesn't explode."
Conclusion: None of us are on top of our game, we are grouchy, we are sick, we are going to visit Grandma so she can take care of us until either we get better or die. (it's a toss us which we are voting for right now) We'll keep you posted.
Sounds like one of those days, huh? Yesterday, I asked my husband if it was me not feeling well or are the kids extra wild, annoying and loud. Somedays a nanny sounds like the perfect life...and a housekeeper. Then I would have the energy left to just play with the kids. And when I felt like garbage I could actually rest to get better.
ReplyDeleteOh I am so sorry, I hope you feel better soon. Don't die on us, we love you to much!
ReplyDeleteOh, Katie, I don't think you even know how much I'm glad to read that post. At least my kids aren't the only ones that do that, and you're one of the all time best moms that I know, so maybe I'm not such a horrible one. (And bite just a little bit) Well, my kids are biting, and at least I'm not alone. Thank you thank you thank you for sharing!
ReplyDelete