So, let me tell you, I love Christmas movies. I can't wait for the day after Thanksgiving each year when all of the Christmas movies come on tv, and I dread the end of December when they finally stop showing the movies. I love the movie marathons on Hallmark. I love the countdown to Christmas on TCM. I even love Fa La La La Lifetime during the holidays. I love the cheesy storylines about santa being real, or the work-aholic dad, or the spoiled teenager who finds the way back to joy and happiness through the help of an angel, or a Christmas miracle. I love to say "Christmas Miracle" It is just so exciting to me. In fact, some of my favorites have been taped so I can enjoy them all year long. There is just nothing quite as comforting as cuddling up on the couch in your slippers with you favorite comfy blanket with a bowl of popcorn and a cup of hot chocolate (or hot water, or pepsi, or whatever thrills you) and watching a sappy holiday movie, I don't care what time of year it is. That being said, I have been thinking recently about my very favorite Holiday movies. There are a lot to choose from, but I have narrowed it down to my top five. These aren't in any special order (That really would be asking too much:)
1. Eight Crazy Nights - While technically not a "Christmas" movie, it still fits the holiday movie category, and I LOVE it! I love the songs which get stuck in my head. I love the ending- I have seen it thousands of times, and still cry every time. I realize it might be a little vulgar for some, (it is Adam Sandler animated, after all) but it still makes me happy.
2. Mr. Kruger's (sp?) Christmas. - This one makes me cry too. It has been a family favorite of ours as long as I can remember.
3. Christmas Story - Enough said. It reminds me so much of my own family, I feel a real connection to Ralphy
4. Off Season - I love the idea of Santa taking a vacation in the summer, and the funny one liners crack me up.
5. While You Were Sleeping - Again, the one liners crack me up, but I also love the little random moments that don't have anything to do with anything, like the part where the paper boy wrecks his bike. And the family in that one reminds me a little of my own family too, especially the grandma:)
Anyway, check them out, or don't, I'm sure they each will be playing over and over in our house this season, and most likely all year round as well.
you can go buy a lamp like the one in Christmas Story somewhere in the Logan Mall... Brad told me all about it....
ReplyDelete