


This weekend our friends, Jeremy, Stacy, Parker, and Payton came up to visit, and to look at the lights at Temple Square. We met on Friday night at the temple and wondered around, looking at all of the nativities and lights. Boy, was it snowing! We had fun for a while, but then as the snow started to drench every inch of our bodies in freezing cold water, the kids decided that they had taken just about all the misery they could for one night. Ethan even said "It is way too cold out here, I know, I'm a very smart boy!" And he is the one who actually likes snow. The rest of us were complaining long before that. (We never would have lasted in the handcart companies) We found a carraige and rode around temple square in style with a heater blowing and nice warm blanket to cuddle up in. The kids had a blast, and I have to say, the grown-ups were having a nice time too. We kept waving at people as we rode past, and for the most part, they were good at waving back, I guess that's the spirit of the season. I kept wondering though, when did I become such a nerd who waves at strangers on the street like that? I think I can pinpoint it to the moment I became a mom. Maybe I will grow out of it as the kids grow up, but I doubt it. After our ride we went to a restaurant and had a bite to eat and some hot chocolate to warm us up. By the time we headed home it was almost midnight. What great parents we are to keep our kids up that long. It was a quiet ride home though, so that was nice. We had fun on Saturday too, and even got a babysitter so the parents could do some shopping and have dinner without having to say the words, "stop hitting your sister" or "quit dancing on the table" Sunday we went to church, and then the Mallorys had to go home. Then the kids as well as the parents layed down for a much needed nap. I have been thinking lately how lucky we are to have such good friends, and I thank each of you for being a part of our lives, and supporting us always.
We were in the Salt Lake City Area Friday night too... so funny! Read the blog....
ReplyDelete