Adia has a *friend* named Wyatt at her preschool. He is a cutie, he lets her have all the pink crayons, and he shares his carpet square at circle time. I like him, and his mom (Very important, you know) Last week he invited her to come over for a play date on Wednesday. She had been excited ever since. On Wednesday morning she woke up early and took a bath, did her hair, and picked out an outfit. Then she re-did her hair and picked out a different outfit. Then she decided on yet another outfit, a beautiful necklace, new earrings, put on some "lipstick"(an old chapstick I gave her forever ago) and I pushed her out the door before she could change her hair again. She couldn't help herself, she was "freakin' out" because she was so excited. When we got to the school I was inside talking to the teacher for a minute when Wyatt came bursting in saying "I can't believe the day is finally here. It's Date Day!" Wyatt's mom picked the kids up after school and took them home for lunch and some play time. I picked Adia up a few hours later. When I got there I heard the kids playing in the back yard. Then I heard Wyatt's older sister teasing them "Wyatt and Adie sitting in a tree. K.I.S.S.I.N.G"
Then Wyatt "So HA! We don't even know what that spells!"
Sister "It spells Kiiiiiisssssiiiing!"
Wyatt "OKAY! Come here Adia!"
Mom yelling out the back door "WYATT, DON'T YOU DARE!!!"
I ring the bell and Wyatt's mom comes to the door. We gather up Adia and all of her stuff and I visit for a minute. Then Wyatt comes up to me and says "I love Adia, and she loves me. We are going to get married in the Brigham City temple, and we are going to be together forever." (Then he looks at his mom) "But NO KISSING!"
Well, I guess it's good to have a plan. And she certainly could do worse as far as boys go, but I do hope they wait about 18-20 years...
I'm not ready for this. If she's this bad already what are the teenage years going to be like? It's settled, I'm going to ship her off to my mom's house and she can come back when she graduates from high school!
I love it! You can't send her live with Grandma, you'll be missing the best years!!!! (Silly don't you know that they are all the best years!)
ReplyDeleteWell, I'm not sure that would stop her from K I S S I N G. . . I can remember some of that went on with kids from home too. ;) You might as well keep her where you can keep two eyes on her.
ReplyDelete