Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Who sneezed on my apple jacks?

So last night Mom totally dropped the ball on Family Home Evening treats. I didn't have any good ideas, and I waited way too long to even start looking. Ethan voted to rice crispy treats so we went to the cupboard to see what we had. We didn't have any rice crispies but we did have apple jacks, and figured that was good enough. But then I didn't have a recipe. It's normally on the box of cereal... But I never follow recipes anyway, and who needs a recipe for rice crispy treats? Well, I do, actually. I put too much butter in it and it turned into a kind of goopy syrup. It did make the cereal stick together and it tasted fine, so we decided it was good enough and put it in a pan to cool. But while it cooled all of the sticky syrup pooled at the bottom of the pan and formed a rubbery feeling layer of goo, kind of the consistency of a booger, a little less runny. Still tasted good if you could get over the feeling of the goo in your mouth. The kids loved it, but they decided on a different name for it. They now call it "who sneezed on my Apple Jacks treats" Yum! Who wants to come over for a snack?

No comments:

Post a Comment