Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ethan can ride his bike!

Ethan is not graceful! There is no other way to put it, he just isn't. Really, he can't even walk across a flat floor without tripping. Remember the flip-flop incident? So I really didn't think he would ever ride his bike without training wheels. We have tried a few times, but after ripping countless pairs of pants, skinning every inch of his poor little body, and walking hundreds of miles bent over his bike trying to keep him upright we always end up putting the training wheels back on. I really thought he would be the only 45 year old man riding around with training wheels. I just never thought I would see the day. Well, this weekend Adia decided that she didn't want training wheels anymore. We are totally competitive, so you know that if she didn't have them he couldn't either. We worked on it for about an hour on Saturday, and then for a little while Monday morning and he had it down. I'm a total nerd I know, but it almost had me in tears. I was so proud of him!

You can see Adia in the back ground on this one. She says she can ride without training wheels too. See her. Dad walks along behind her and holds her up and she just rides wherever she wants to go. "It's totally easier than I even thought" You might also notice from the pictures that Ethan can't ride without his tongue sticking out. That made for some painful moments when he was first learning and crashing a lot, but now it just helps him keep his balance.

3 comments:

  1. You're an awesome mom to want to cry with pride when your boy does something awesome. I love you, and I'm proud of you and of Ethan and Adia. Smile big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come teach my girls to ride their bikes without training wheels. PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate bike riding! It makes me so nervous to watch my little girl out there...I told ROb it is his job because it makes me so sad to watch her struggle and fall, and with her stubborness there is also a lot of screaming and crying. We finally got her riding without training wheels in the parking lot and she was so proud and it was such a huge relief. Then we moved and packed up the bike for the winter, and now she is convinced that she cacn't do it anymore and it starts again....I think it is totally pathetic that it gives me so much anxiety to see her just struggle with bike riding, can't wait until real problems occur in my kids lives and I will be in a ball crying:)

    ReplyDelete